Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Confirmed: Squares is canceled  (Read 4944 times)

BrandonFG

Confirmed: Squares is canceled
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2004, 07:14:27 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 05:42 PM\'] Indeed. :-) And to her few remaining fans, at least her show got 1 more year after that 11th-hr. deal w/the Tribune station group for the 02-03 season...personally, I think she should've ended it after the Scott Amedure murder 9 yrs ago, but oh well...
 [/quote]
 I remember that last-minute renewal. Hopefully, Pyramid can receive the same fate. I feel the show has its flaws, but I do like it enough to where I feel it could stay on the air.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2004, 08:17:38 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 04:42 PM\']
I had plum forgotten all about the lady whose talk show resulted in a murder until I read your post one minute ago. Which proves your point about how she's just vanished--and it's no loss.

Indeed. :-) And to her few remaining fans, at least her show got 1 more year after that 11th-hr. deal w/the Tribune station group for the 02-03 season...personally, I think she should've ended it after the Scott Amedure murder 9 yrs ago, but oh well...

ObGameShow: Jenny was a contestant on MG, TPiR, and PYL.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]
 Jenny was on TPIR? You sure?

zachhoran

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2004, 09:20:55 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 08:17 PM\'] [quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 04:42 PM\']
I had plum forgotten all about the lady whose talk show resulted in a murder until I read your post one minute ago. Which proves your point about how she's just vanished--and it's no loss.

Indeed. :-) And to her few remaining fans, at least her show got 1 more year after that 11th-hr. deal w/the Tribune station group for the 02-03 season...personally, I think she should've ended it after the Scott Amedure murder 9 yrs ago, but oh well...

ObGameShow: Jenny was a contestant on MG, TPiR, and PYL.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]
Jenny was on TPIR? You sure? [/quote]
 I don't recall exactly if or when Jenny Jones was on TPIR, but Janet Jones, AKA Mrs. Wayne Gretzky, was on the show in 1983.

Toeth

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2004, 12:20:56 AM »
Sadly, it didn't come as a surprise to me after following it's dwindling ratings.

I don't know what it was about the past 2 seasons, to me, it just lost a chuck of it's feel. I'm not a fan of the current bonus round either.

ChuckNet

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2004, 11:40:03 AM »
I remember that last-minute renewal. Hopefully, Pyramid can receive the same fate. I feel the show has its flaws, but I do like it enough to where I feel it could stay on the air.

Pretty much sums up my feelings. :-) And if Jenny Jones got a last-min. renewal w/such lackluster ratings, you'd think a show like Pyramid, which is pulling decent numbers, can do the same.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")