Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Who was on Match Game on this tape date?  (Read 3369 times)

Bill Neuweiler

Who was on Match Game on this tape date?
« on: August 22, 2015, 11:18:39 AM »
Howdy friends, a two-part question today:

1: A friend of mine just gave me a ticket to Match Game with a tape date of Sunday November 16, 1980.  Doors close @5:25, show starts @5:55.  Does anyone out there have access to a database which would tell us who was on the show that day? 

2:  How do you insert a picture into this message box?  I was able to change my avatar but I can't figure out how to get a pic in here.  Thank you!

--Bill

<p>I share a birthday with Jack Barry.

BrandonFG

Re: Who was on Match Game on this tape date?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 03:45:57 PM »
You need the picture's URL; uploading from your desktop apparently doesn't work here.

On the full reply screen, press the picture tab (it's under the Bold tab), then the [ img] [/ img] code will come up. Paste the URL between the two sets of brackets and close the spaces.

That's your avi, in it's 65x65 pixel form. You may have to upload the pic to a sharing site and use the URL from there,
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 07:19:13 PM »
According to the MatchGame.org archived episode guide, looks like it would have been:

Ted Lange, Brett Somers, Charles Nelson Reilly, Susan Richardson, Robert Donner, and Joyce Bulifant.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

BillCullen1

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 09:20:22 AM »
Brett and Charles were a given. Robert Donner (Exodor on Mork and Mindy) was most likely in the Richard Dawson memorial chair.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 12:26:38 PM »
Brett and Charles were a given. Robert Donner (Exodor on Mork and Mindy) was most likely in the Richard Dawson memorial chair.
Pretty sure the episode guide (and the way Christian listed it) have the celebrities in order in their seats. So that "most likely" is probably a "definitely".
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Bill Neuweiler

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 12:41:04 PM »
According to the MatchGame.org archived episode guide, looks like it would have been:

Ted Lange, Brett Somers, Charles Nelson Reilly, Susan Richardson, Robert Donner, and Joyce Bulifant.

Perfect! Thanks Christian! :) 

You need the picture's URL; uploading from your desktop apparently doesn't work here.

...and thank you Brandon!  Happy to hear that I haven't completely lost my mind (yet!).
<p>I share a birthday with Jack Barry.