Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pyramid Cancelled  (Read 22691 times)

tidefan12

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2004, 05:01:13 PM »
But sometimes they'll find some real gems... look at how I did on the show, as well as my opponent Ruthie Davis. I do believe they gave us a broom right after we finished recording our show, IIRC. ;-)

As someone who taped that same day, you're preaching to the choir here, brother!  And remember, Leslie didn't pick every single contestant, including myself and (I think) the first $100,000 winner, George Elias.  We both auditioned for Stephen Brown at the City Sweeps that Leslie was unable to attend.  Believe it or not, Leslie seemed quite capable of finding "good contestants" based on my experience, and she made damn sure we practiced playing that game until we could play it in our sleep!  She also did a fine job of preparing us for the Winner's Circle during taping.  

As far as the celebrities go... well, that might be another matter.

Amen again!!  And Jeremy, Ruthie, and I got saddled w/ playing alongside who I consider to be one of the weakest of the bunch on this incarnation....Estelle Harris notwithstanding.  Jeremy and Ruthie won big in spite of him, and I made it to the "horseshoes and hand grenades" level. :-)

Shane Elsberry

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2004, 05:07:48 PM »
Thad: ix-nay on the large type.

zachhoran

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2004, 07:22:09 PM »
[quote name=\'NicholasM79\' date=\'Jan 15 2004, 10:08 AM\']

BTW, Zach said John Schmuk, but meant John Schuck. I'm sure he'd love THAT! :-P [/quote]
 It was a joke of course.

zachhoran

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2004, 07:27:30 PM »
[quote name=\'tidefan12\' date=\'Jan 15 2004, 05:01 PM\']
Amen again!!  And Jeremy, Ruthie, and I got saddled w/ playing alongside who I consider to be one of the weakest of the bunch on this incarnation....Estelle Harris notwithstanding.  Jeremy and Ruthie won big in spite of him, and I made it to the "horseshoes and hand grenades" level. :-)

Shane Elsberry [/quote]
 Jeremy and Ruth's celebs IIRC were Lenny Krayzelburg(not great player) and Picabo Street(decent player)

gameshowguy2000

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2004, 07:48:20 PM »
Well, here's something I liked about the show:

You CAN go back to a passed word or phrase in the front game. You couldn't do that in the front game on the previous versions.

But, even if you passed, you couldn't get credit for it. That's what I didn't like.

And I wonder why they decided to do THAT.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2004, 08:02:24 PM by gameshowguy2000 »

Brandon Brooks

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2004, 07:55:28 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 15 2004, 07:48 PM\'] Well, here's something I liked about the show:

You CAN go back to a passed word or phrase in the front game. You couldn't do that in the front game.

But, even if you passed, you couldn't get credit for it. That's what I didn't like.

And I wonder why they decided to do THAT. [/quote]
 ?

Brandon Brooks

gameshowguy2000

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2004, 08:01:59 PM »
See edited post.

hines2000

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2004, 08:06:31 PM »
The "new" Pyramid lost me when they went to camera angles that completely ignored the fact that there was a "Pyramid" to climb! Returning champs and a guaranteed $100,000 tournament would have brought me back to being a regular watcher . . . however, I'm still not happy to see it go so soon.

Eric

SplitSecond

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2004, 08:07:25 PM »
Translation: You could keep cycling through the words, but you couldn't receive credit for a word your partner wasn't actively communicating.

gameshowguy2000

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2004, 08:12:34 PM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Jan 15 2004, 07:07 PM\'] Translation: You could keep cycling through the words, but you couldn't receive credit for a word your partner wasn't actively communicating. [/quote]
Right. On the previous versions, once you passed, you could NOT go back. But, if you managed to say the word, though, you got credit for it.

On the current version, once the whole list has been cycled through, you return to the words you passed, and only at that time will you get credit.

(BTW, this marks post 400 for me!)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2004, 08:13:06 PM by gameshowguy2000 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2004, 08:12:47 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 15 2004, 06:01 PM\'] See edited post. [/quote]
 And, unsurprisingly, it's still wrong. Players on the Clark show gave (and got credit for) what were known as "backward answers" all the time, both in the front game and in the Winner's Circle.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

bclark71

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2004, 08:23:32 PM »
I'm just deeply satisfied, because the producers were fighting the fans on this one from Day One, and now we know who was ultimately right. Which is not to say we won, or ANYBODY won: one less game show on the air. But we were RIGHT..

Very well said, sir.

I'm sorry, maybe it's because I worry too much about these things in this economy, but I'd be flippin' STOKED to win ten grand, and I'd make sure the world knew it.

Oh yeah!  TESTIFY!!  :)  $10K would be plenty for me.  I live modestly, and as long as I came away with enough to take a nice vacation, I'd be cool.

Jay Temple

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2004, 10:52:05 PM »
[quote name=\'whampyl03\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 10:05 PM\'] Despite its flaws, (Mainly judging) I greatly enjoyed Pyramid, and will miss the show a whole bunch... :( [/quote]
what he said

ETA:  If the focus of the show is gonna be the celebrities, have some real celebrities.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2004, 10:53:05 PM by Jay Temple »
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

tom0930

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2004, 11:21:28 PM »
As surprising as Pyramid's cancellation is, I'm saddened to see Sony has decided to ditch a rather decent revival. If it must be canceled, though, must it be replaced by lame-o gabfests or the programming flavor of the month? Sony, if you're going to replace Pyramid, at least give us another game--I'd settle for a remake of Break the Bank '76 without the original theme (despair in my tone)

Robert Hutchinson

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2004, 12:36:08 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 15 2004, 08:12 PM\']And, unsurprisingly, it's still wrong. Players on the Clark show gave (and got credit for) what were known as "backward answers" all the time, both in the front game and in the Winner's Circle.[/quote]
It's not wrong--it's just in need of fewer conflicting pronouns. He means that Osmond Pyramid did good by going back to passed answers on the screen, and did bad by not accepting answers that weren't currently on the screen, unlike Clark Pyramid.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin