Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: If you could've changed something about your experience as a contestant...  (Read 9563 times)

pacdude

Do you see anything under his avatar?

Touché.

Clay Zambo

Okay, I don't think I ever thought about it this way before.

I wish the guy in the Hot Seat had been able to reach his Phone-a-Friend.

Guy got stuck on a question, called his friend. FRIEND. DID. NOT. ANSWER.

So he burned his last lifeline and got no help. As he was sitting there deliberating, I realized I was rooting for somebody to LOSE. He was a perfectly nice guy in the green room.  I'd had two chances at Fastest Finger questions--the one about Movies I Had Not Seen, and the one about TV Shows I Did Not Watch.  I was having the time of my life, and figured there was no shame in being unable to answer those questions.

But if he missed his question, there'd be ANOTHER chance for the rest of us.

So I sat there rooting for a perfectly nice guy to give an incorrect answer.

Of course I wanted to win.  I didn't realize I could want want somebody else to *lose.*  That's what I'd change.

czambo@mac.com

Kevin Prather

So he burned his last lifeline and got no help.

Was that really a thing? You call someone and they don't answer, you're SOL? You don't get your PaF back to call someone else?

EDIT: Finding an episode recap online, it looks like the guy did indeed get to call somebody.

Clay Zambo

Was that really a thing? You call someone and they don't answer, you're SOL? You don't get your PaF back to call someone else?

EDIT: Finding an episode recap online, it looks like the guy did indeed get to call somebody.

I didn't remember the second call, or if there was a stop-down to discuss it.  But the thing was, when you got into the Hot Seat, ALL FIVE of your PaF candidates were called immediately and asked to stand by for the next half hour or so.  This friend didn't, and he was the one of the contestant's crew who the contestant thought was best able to answer.

czambo@mac.com

Kevin Prather

I didn't remember the second call, or if there was a stop-down to discuss it.  But the thing was, when you got into the Hot Seat, ALL FIVE of your PaF candidates were called immediately and asked to stand by for the next half hour or so.  This friend didn't, and he was the one of the contestant's crew who the contestant thought was best able to answer.
Oh, for sure. To quote (I think it was) Chris Lemon, they probably played a game of "Who Wants to Pry My Boot From Your Ass?" when the player got home.

Clay Zambo

Oh, for sure. To quote (I think it was) Chris Lemon, they probably played a game of "Who Wants to Pry My Boot From Your Ass?" when the player got home.
If they ever spoke again.
czambo@mac.com

Kevin Prather

If they ever spoke again.
That's a thought, but I'd like to think a good friendship can survive that. Look at Rudy Reber and Will Durst. Durst directly COST Reber $218k, and they stayed friends.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
I call moderate Point of Order: it's still on the contestant to decide on their final answer, as opposed to Set for Life, where a well-meaning friend or relative could make hundreds of thousands of dollars disappear with the push of a button.

For those who haven't quite won commission on the field of battle; how often do you think about it?
Travis L. Eberle

GiraffeBoy

• "He can solve puzzles, that's for sure."-Pat Sajak
I want to comment on this topic, but I'd run afoul of forum rules. I'll just wait until my show airs.
OK, now I can talk about it.

The interview: Man, was I nervous. And I could've talked about WWTBAM - Play It.

And the third toss-up. I rang in too soon and didn't measure the second line. If I'd just waited for the G to pop up, I'd have started Round 4.

Sorry, I forgot the ATGS salute at the end of Round 4. My bad. (Although "Wow!" is kinda close.)

No, I don't want to change what I affectionately refer to as "The Lake Tahoe Incident".

See it all again July 23.

--Charlie
"B, 2 hours, 52 minutes, 59 seconds...final answer?"
WWTBAM Play It! DCA Million Point Winner #42 - Stick your neck out with pride!

rialtus

In complete retrospect, I wish I talked a bit more to Lauralee Bell backstage when we were waiting to tape "Pictionary". She seemed like a nice person who was excited to be there, yet I was too focused on not freaking out to really talk to her. As for the game itself, I really can't say I'd change anything. My performance was what it was, and my partners performed how they performed, which was out of my control and therefore I could not change.