Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hollywood Squares apparently is canceled.....  (Read 30561 times)

SplitSecond

Hollywood Squares apparently is canceled.....
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2004, 01:09:06 AM »
I would like to think that Don was being a smart-aleck with his response.  I'm not quite sure what to think of Thad as being.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2004, 01:12:51 AM »
I would like to think that Don was being a smart-aleck with his response. I'm not quite sure what to think of Thad as being.
I'm thinking it might be time to find a way to turn off text formatting on this board.

HomieG1386

« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2004, 01:12:55 AM »
[quote name=\'Thad Dixon\' date=\'Jan 15 2004, 01:01 AM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 10:46 PM\'][quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 08:26 PM\'] Maybe they can bring back Tic Tac Dough and have Tom host that. [/quote]
Sometimes I think we should have picture of a large wooden paddle with the following words carved into it.

"TOM BERGERON IS NOT INTERESTED IN A CAREER IN THE GAME SHOW BUSINESS."
[/quote]
Which is exactly ANOTHER reason why King World ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY MUST KEEP GOING with H2 instead of allowing the stations to replace it with that ET wannabe!  I want Tom to be in the game show business FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE!  I don't want Tom to be the next Charlie Gibson OR Matt Lauer OR Harry Smith OR David Hartman!  I want Tom to be the next BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL CULLEN!!!!!  'Tis better to KEEP him hosting H2 until he DIES or until he decides he WILL agree to doing other game shows when H2 really has run its course (which it has not yet), whichever occurs first!  If I were Tom's agent, I would only let him get another morning show gig on ONE condition:  that ALL of Tom's co-hosts on said morning show must ALSO have worked on a game show at some point![/quote]
Good Lord... I usually stick around and just browse, but I have to say something.

You just don't get it, do you? You just make your self look even more stupid every time you put in a bunch of different sized fonts and bolded words and more of the same bull crap. All it shows is immaturity and not considering the fact that your type is hard to read, hence people will just look over it and ignore your post, which they'll probably do anyways from your (from what I can tell in this thread alone) reputation. Act more mature, take in other's opinions (at the very least with a grain of salt), and stop using the buttons, and, maybe, just maybe, one day you will actually be respected around here. Remember, I said maybe...

I now return to the back lot, ready to pounce again.

joshg

« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2004, 01:32:32 AM »
I would like to think that Don was being a smart-aleck with his response. I'm not quite sure what to think of Thad as being.

I'm thinking it might be time to find a way to turn off text formatting on this board.

I'm thinking someone should cut him off and call him a cab. Seriously, it's a shame that H2 is going away. That's the biz. Pyramid is going away; that show was still on? With the supposed lack of "game" shows next season, this would be a good time to start going though my tape collection.

Or not...

JOSH
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2004, 01:35:19 AM »
Listen to me, Tom Bergeron.

You say you don't want a career in game shows? OK, fine. Turn the clock back to 1988(?) when Mike Brockman tapped game show emcee Pat Sajak to host a late-night talk show on CBS. Did Sajak quit Wheel of Fortune for this undertaking? No, he did not. Where would Pat Sajak be today if he had?

"Hi, I'm Pat Sajak. You may remember me from the hit game show 'Wheel of Fortune', or not. I want to tell all you insomniacs watching this infomercial at three AM how you can make five, ten, fifteen thousand dollars a week just by placing itty bitty want ads in the newspaper."

Now imagine a guy named Syd driving up to your house in a great big truck. What's in the truck? Why it's a printing press! But this isn't just any old printing press, no sir. It's a SPECIAL printing press. It only prints GREAT, BIG PAYCHECKS. Those paychecks all say "Fremantle" on them. This printing press will run just about forever. All you have to do is show up in 33 a couple of days a week and ask some people "What do you bid?". You wouldn't turn down Syd and his magic printing press now would you? Hmmm? Of course not, because if you do you might wind up like our friend Pat Sajak:

"Hi, I'm Tom Bergeron and I used to have a burgeoning television career. Help keep public television alive here in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Send in a check for five, ten, twenty dollars, whatever you can afford."

OK?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2004, 01:39:30 AM by chris319 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2004, 01:57:00 AM »
[quote name=\'Thad Dixon\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 11:01 PM\'] yadda YADDA YADDA yadda
 [/quote]
 I do believe that this is the first time I can, in the history of this bulletin board, make the following post with no concern whatsoever about disciplinary action being taken against me as a result:

Thad, the continually-raising level of your complete and total stupidity amazes me. You have NO clue. None. Zero. Nada. Yer an utter idiot.

(Harvey's gotta be foaming at the mouth right now. :))

AT THE SAME TIME....

[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 11:35 PM\']"Hi, I'm Pat Sajak. You may remember me from the hit game show 'Wheel of Fortune', or not. I want to tell all you insomniacs watching this infomercial at three AM how you can make five, ten, fifteen thousand dollars a week just by placing itty bitty want ads in the newspaper."[/quote]

"More money than you could possibly imagine!"

You're preaching to the choir. The man has a natural knack for this, he and Newton could OWN this business for the next 30 years, and I don't know why he doesn't want to make a living from it, but all indications and quotes from the horse's mouth and people close to the horse in question have indicated that it's not the career path he wishes to take. So until he says otherwise, we should assume he's Not Available.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Thad Dixon

« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2004, 02:05:55 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jan 15 2004, 01:35 AM\']
Listen to me, Tom Bergeron.

You say you don't want a career in game shows? OK, fine. Turn the clock back to 1988(?) when Mike Brockman tapped game show emcee Pat Sajak to host a late-night talk show on CBS. Did Sajak quit Wheel of Fortune for this undertaking? No, he did not. Where would Pat Sajak be today if he had?

"Hi, I'm Pat Sajak. You may remember me from the hit game show 'Wheel of Fortune', or not. I want to tell all you insomniacs watching this infomercial at three AM how you can make five, ten, fifteen thousand dollars a week just by placing itty bitty want ads in the newspaper."

Now imagine a guy named Syd driving up to your house in a great big truck. What's in the truck? Why it's a printing press! But this isn't just any old printing press, no sir. It's a SPECIAL printing press. It only prints GREAT, BIG PAYCHECKS. Those paychecks all say "Fremantle" on them. This printing press will run just about forever. All you have to do is show up in 33 a couple of days a week and ask some people "What do you bid?". You wouldn't turn down Syd and his magic printing press now would you? Hmmm? Of course not, because if you do you might wind up like our friend Pat Sajak:

"Hi, I'm Tom Bergeron and I used to have a burgeoning television career. Help keep public television alive here in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Send in a check for five, ten, twenty dollars, whatever you can afford."

OK?[/quote]
You hear that, Tom?  This man who is giving you this advice, has had many years of experience in the field, just like you (albeit in a different position, of course).  If you don't do as this guy says after H2 tapes its last show for the season, YOU'LL BE SORRY!

And I say "last show for the season" because, mark my words, H2 WILL be back next season, contrary to everything that has been reported earlier in this thread!  And, to borrow a line from the opening to Whammy!  The All New Press Your Luck, H2 will be "BIGGER AND BETTER THAN EVER!"  So much so that, it'll make everyone outside of this group forget that John Davidson's version of HS (or the MG/HS Hour, for that matter) ever existed!  Got that?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2004, 08:54:58 PM by Thad Dixon »

clemon79

« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2004, 02:15:08 AM »
[quote name=\'Thad Dixon\' date=\'Jan 15 2004, 12:05 AM\'] So much so that, it'll make everyone outside of this group forget that John Davidson's version of HS...ever existed! [/quote]
 I've been trying to do that for years anyhow.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2004, 02:31:37 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jan 15 2004, 01:12 AM\']
I'm thinking it might be time to find a way to turn off text formatting on this board. [/quote]
 I don't want to tell you what to do--but perhaps we should just remove idiots such as this....
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Don Howard

« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2004, 07:39:25 AM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Jan 15 2004, 01:09 AM\'] I would like to think that Don was being a smart-aleck with his response. [/quote]
 I can confirm that he was. Chris, that paddle is painful.

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2004, 09:19:47 AM »
[quote name=\'Thad Dixon\' date=\'Jan 15 2004, 03:05 AM\'] <Jumbo snip> [/quote]
 Wow. We know that there is a 99.9% chance that H2 is cancelled, yet you continue to spout out that it "WILL BE BACK NEXT SEASON?"

Let's just say that if it is, I'll go on a voluntary month's stay in the Isolation Booth.

BrandonFG

« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2004, 09:49:23 AM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Jan 15 2004, 01:09 AM\'] I would like to think that Don was being a smart-aleck with his response.  I'm not quite sure what to think of Thad as being. [/quote]
 Whatever it is, the word "smart" has nothing to do with it. :-)

But I'm starting to think that Thad has some of us wrapped around his finger. I find it hard to believe anyone could be that stupid and really mean it.

ObGameShows: I need to graduate so I can start getting some shows back on the air.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2004, 10:26:00 AM »
[quote name=\'matchgame\' date=\'Jan 15 2004, 12:32 AM\'] I'm thinking someone should cut him off and call him a cab. [/quote]
OK, he's a cab.  <ducking>  Ouch.  <didn't see the slider coming>

Doug -- soon to celebrate 300 posts
« Last Edit: January 15, 2004, 10:26:13 AM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

clemon79

« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2004, 10:44:32 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jan 15 2004, 07:49 AM\'] But I'm starting to think that Thad has some of us wrapped around his finger. I find it hard to believe anyone could be that stupid and really mean it.
 [/quote]
 I don't, but the possibility certainly exists, so you've heard the last about this particular matter from me. :)

aaron sica

« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2004, 11:06:40 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jan 15 2004, 01:12 AM\'] I'm thinking it might be time to find a way to turn off text formatting on this board. [/quote]
 I'm thinking that I agree with you.

Another option may be to send him either to the isolation booth, or send him packing.