Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hollywood Squares apparently is canceled.....  (Read 30497 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Hollywood Squares apparently is canceled.....
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2004, 11:57:33 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 09:29 AM\'] Well....the studio is cold where you're sitting in the audience....do a little time standing under those hot lights and you'll start feeling like a chicken mcnugget.
 [/quote]
 Yes, exactly what I was gonna say. Studios are kept cold because those lights are MISERABLE. Everybody knocks Tony Randall for wearing shades when he did Squares, but I've been there and I complately sympathize with him. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

bricon

« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2004, 02:45:01 PM »
The contestants had to STAND instead of sit. Don't Winkler and Leavitt know that contestants who stand for 30 minutes get tired?

If any contestant had a problem with it, they could have decided not to go on.  That never happened.  Nor did any contestant express having a problem with it.  The rationale was that contestants who stand tend to move about a bit more, and therefore show more energy.

Heck, if I got on the show (and having learned it's gonna be shown the door, that won't happen), and had to stand for 30 minutes, I would get tired!

Then you should try and audition for Millionaire :)

davemackey

« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2004, 03:11:50 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 15 2004, 07:48 PM\'] Obsquares: KYW, in its infinite wisdom, decided that an Eagles pep rally was more important than Squares tonight(which I guess it is), and preempted it for the rally. When will the Eagles' playoff season bleep off and die, as Philly sports teams have lost in the playoffs for 21 years.... [/quote]
 Well, Zach ol' sport, I have a feeling you're going to be seeing the Eagles in the Super Bowl this year.

As for KYW, they're pre-empting Squares on Monday again for one of those Temple University health specials. The last one on orthopedics was very interesting, as my wife has a number of those type problems they could perhaps help her with. But we wonder if KYW's occasional pre-emption of Squares over the years - sometimes for infomercials - helped hasten its demise.

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2004, 03:50:13 PM »
[quote name=\'bricon\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 01:45 PM\']
The contestants had to STAND instead of sit. Don't Winkler and Leavitt know that contestants who stand for 30 minutes get tired?

If any contestant had a problem with it, they could have decided not to go on.  That never happened.  Nor did any contestant express having a problem with it.  The rationale was that contestants who stand tend to move about a bit more, and therefore show more energy.

Heck, if I got on the show (and having learned it's gonna be shown the door, that won't happen), and had to stand for 30 minutes, I would get tired!

Then you should try and audition for Millionaire :) [/quote]
 Maybe I will try out for that show.

ChuckNet

« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2004, 05:24:01 PM »

Never hurt the energy levels of contestants on FF, CS, Wipeout, and other shows.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2004, 05:58:01 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 04:24 PM\']

Never hurt the energy levels of contestants on FF, CS, Wipeout, and other shows.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]
 They stood on Wipeout? Hmm, never saw that show.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2004, 06:53:51 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 03:58 PM\'] They stood on Wipeout? Hmm, never saw that show. [/quote]
 For the number of shows you haven't seen, you sure are quick to make blanket statements.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe