Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Millionaire Theme Weeks  (Read 2998 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Millionaire Theme Weeks
« on: November 10, 2014, 09:49:52 PM »
With last week as Whiz Kids and this week as Guinness World Records I was wondering how many contestants they book, and what happens to those who don't get on the show (or alternately what happens if they run out and have to tap dance.) Since you can't just bring someone else down as the next contestant, I think these weeks would be a good time to bring back Fastest Finger First to determine who gets to play next and to finish the week on time.
Travis L. Eberle

Kevin Prather

Re: Millionaire Theme Weeks
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 10:12:59 PM »
Someone else can answer with first-hand knowledge, but I would assume there would be contestants designated as alternates for this purpose.

JepMasta

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 01:14:26 AM »
I seem to remember a "play to pay for your wedding" week that finished with a few minutes left in an episode where Meredith explained that the couple in the hotseat was "the last couple we have scheduled for the week" and when we came back from commercial, all the decorations were gone, and they just started a regular game with a regular contestant.

Thunder

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 09:02:42 PM »
... I think these weeks would be a good time to bring back Fastest Finger First to determine who gets to play next and to finish the week on time.

Except that they'd have to spend a lot of money to build a nice-looking addition to the set for something that would be used once or twice at most, then they'd have to take it down when the regular game is played.

I would think they'd book more Specialty Players than needed (like the alternates theory above), and whoever is left over would just be contestants in regular games. That would make the most sense to me.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 12:37:04 PM »
Except that they'd have to spend a lot of money to build a nice-looking addition to the set for something that would be used once or twice at most, then they'd have to take it down when the regular game is played.
Didn't they do the Super Millionaire and 10th anniversary shows on the same set? Yes, they're storing ten chairs and the consoles, but maybe that becomes an impetus to do FFF races more often.

I would think they'd book more Specialty Players than needed (like the alternates theory above), and whoever is left over would just be contestants in regular games. That would make the most sense to me.
It's one thing to do that for a player on Teachers week or Twins week because they can go any place. Less easy for the Whiz Kids or Netflix/TV/Pop Culture experts.
Travis L. Eberle

Kevin Prather

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 03:45:35 PM »
It's one thing to do that for a player on Teachers week or Twins week because they can go any place. Less easy for the Whiz Kids or Netflix/TV/Pop Culture experts.
I dunno. Seeing how many of the contestants who have flamed out really early in the game, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were slated as Specialty Week players, then thrown to the dogs in a regular game.