Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud Is The Best (And Dirtiest) Thing On TV  (Read 3109 times)

DrBear

Family Feud Is The Best (And Dirtiest) Thing On TV
« on: October 21, 2014, 12:56:49 PM »
An article from Deadspin. (Note: NSFW language, which figures because it's about the current version of Family Feud.)

Yeah, I know it repeats a lot of what's been said here, but this just shows that there are some who like it.

PS-yeah, I know I haven't posted much of anything here lately; just haven't had anything to say on the topic.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
Re: Family Feud Is The Best (And Dirtiest) Thing On TV
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 02:33:18 PM »
It makes me sad when perfectly reasonable grand prizes are described in terms such as "a mere $20,000."

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 02:37:32 PM »
I said it before, I'll say it again. That wasn't writing, that was typing.
Travis L. Eberle

gamed121683

Neumms

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 11:54:00 AM »
It makes me sad when perfectly reasonable grand prizes are described in terms such as "a mere $20,000."

Sad, but it's true. They make a big deal over a relative pittance. Given the ratings, though, maybe viewers enjoy that because it makes the families look more pathetic.

I found the article amusing. It's interesting to me that a non-devotee would notice how they manipulate the front game to keep it close and the end game to avoid paying out.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 12:53:56 PM »
But the money's never been big except for tournament jackpots.
Travis L. Eberle

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 01:14:27 PM »

Let's take the whole sentence in context: a mere $20,000 if you win fast money, which happens maybe once every five shows.  It's the win rate + the win value put together that's a big problem.  $20,000 is something that's easy to spring on something like Millionaire; you can get there in as little as two questions, in fact.

For comparison's sake, I wonder what the weekly take is on Let's Ask America?
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."