Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dressing for auditions  (Read 9692 times)

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
Re: Dressing for auditions
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2014, 08:20:36 AM »
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

gameshowcrazy

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2014, 09:48:14 AM »
Often times, I am left to wonder why casting picks the people they do.  The instructions say to dress nice, and I have seen so many in sloppy shirts, shorts and dirty sneakers get moved on through the process; while many well dressed and even "pretty" people get tossed aside, even while they passed tests.

Jeopardy on screen attire has become much less formal in recent years (remember the pizza chef guy from NYC in a track suit), but then so has everywhere else.  Watch early episodes of TPIR and people are dressed up, now so many just look like slobs.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2014, 10:33:58 AM »
It's a shame you missed this thread.
It's not too much of a shame.  The Chase auditions in Indy are next Saturday.

I'll shoot them some electronic correspondence and will bring up my concern if they contact me before the audition date.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2014, 10:43:29 AM »
For LMAD, just dress as a pickle. :)
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BrandonFG

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2014, 12:15:17 PM »
Often times, I am left to wonder why casting picks the people they do.  The instructions say to dress nice, and I have seen so many in sloppy shirts, shorts and dirty sneakers get moved on through the process; while many well dressed and even "pretty" people get tossed aside, even while they passed tests.
I think ultimately, personality still shines over appearance, or more importantly, how you play the game. Jeopardy seems to be the one exception nowadays.

Watch early episodes of TPIR and people are dressed up, now so many just look like slobs.
Even in the mid-to-late-80s, it was still somewhat casual (Polo shirts for guys, blouses for women). I've been over the punny T-shirts for at least a decade, but I know they're here to stay (shrug).
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2014, 01:07:30 PM »
Would a picture of Chris in a leisure suit have made you get the joke a little easier?

No such picture exists. :)

/I would totally rock it though

(remember the pizza chef guy from NYC in a track suit)

For a NY pizza guy, that *was* formal. Semi-formal would have been a bowling shirt.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

WhammyPower

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2014, 02:41:07 PM »
I know a person in NYC who auditioned in April and was called to try out this month.

Even after this person mentioned that he auditioned in April, the auditioner was just all "whatever" (paraphrasing, but you get the idea)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2014, 11:55:17 PM »
That's what happened to me. I wish they had a little more consistency.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022