Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rumored: 'Let's Ask America' reruns to GSN in January  (Read 9068 times)

aaron sica

Re: Rumored: 'Let's Ask America' reruns to GSN in January
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2014, 10:29:21 AM »
For those who had 9:14:57 AM on July 30, 2014 as the day that LGY actually ADMITTED HE WAS WRONG, congrats. You win the jackpot.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2014, 11:26:23 AM »
Sorry about that. In the first article, it just stated Let's Ask America, not the specific seasons.

Let's make this a learning experience. 

If you want to be the guy that's reporting on information about game shows, then report the facts that you have.  Clearly, what you did wrong here was add a guess based on nothing more than your imagined expertise.  The problem is that if you're right, it's really not a big deal because we're all experts here and you really didn't do anything impressive. But if you're wrong, you end up looking really bad.

Are you allowed to guess at stuff?  Of course you are.  Everybody's an expert right now on what TPIR game is going to get a reboot, and 95% of them will be wrong.  Just be careful where you put your guesses, and how you word them.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chad1m

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2014, 12:26:41 PM »
It looks like the show will be coming a lot sooner than expected. Season two episodes with Kevin Pereira will begin airing August 18th with a double helping at noon ET.

Winkfan

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2014, 03:53:41 PM »
It looks like the show will be coming a lot sooner than expected. Season two episodes with Kevin Pereira will begin airing August 18th with a double helping at noon ET.

Well, that's good news. Maybe they figured, "Hey, this Bellamy guy might stink as their new host; we'll see how these repeats fare first..."

Cordially,
Tammy
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 08:19:47 PM by Winkfan »
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024)

tvwxman

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2014, 04:31:52 PM »

Well, that's good news. Maybe they figured, "Hey, this Bellamy guy might stink as their new host; we'll see how these repeats fare first..."

Cordially,
Tammy

Clearly, thats exactly what they're thinking. That they hired a guy who they still aren't sure will perform well.

Clearly.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

BrandonFG

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2014, 05:44:55 PM »

I posted something on the main board that mentions that the show still won't be cleared in more than half the country this fall. I'm guessing that they want to build some more exposure to the show, using the original host's episodes.

Unless you have some sort of axe to grind with Bill Bellamy?

/How to Be a Player was a pretty bad movie though
//Not as bad as his Byron Allen sitcom though...P.U!
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

BillCullen1

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2014, 01:09:52 PM »
I saw the two shows that aired on 8/18. Decent payouts and fairly entertaining. Some of the questions make you think. It reminds me of the Trivial Pursuit show with Christopher Knight a few years back.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2014, 01:39:06 PM »
I saw the two shows that aired on 8/18. Decent payouts and fairly entertaining. Some of the questions make you think. It reminds me of the Trivial Pursuit show with Christopher Knight a few years back.

I can't see how considering they're not even close to the same show.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2014, 01:41:05 PM »
It reminds me of the Trivial Pursuit show with Christopher Knight a few years back.
Huh?  You have to explain how a survey game reminds you of a trivia game.  I cannot think of any common qualities between the two shows, outside of both having competitors not in the studio (question readers on TP:AP, at-home players on LAA) and if that's the parallel you found, that's a real stretch.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2014, 07:21:23 PM »
I did catch up on some episodes on the Tube as prep for my consideration regarding applying to be a contestant (which I have since done)...it certainly is a fun little show and an inoffensive way to spend thirty minutes of your day.
I liked the first season setup much better though...it encouraged people to go for the big bucks by leaving a little wiggle room ($1,000) and the set seemed more inviting and less stereotypical game show.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BillCullen1

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2014, 12:55:53 PM »
It reminds me of the Trivial Pursuit show with Christopher Knight a few years back.
Huh?  You have to explain how a survey game reminds you of a trivia game.  I cannot think of any common qualities between the two shows, outside of both having competitors not in the studio (question readers on TP:AP, at-home players on LAA) and if that's the parallel you found, that's a real stretch.

That was indeed the parallel. Yes the FORMAT of the two shows are different. I'm wondering if the eliminated players of LAA get to keep whatever cash they won?

BrandonFG

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2014, 01:07:51 PM »
I'm wondering if the eliminated players of LAA get to keep whatever cash they won?
I don't believe so.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

BillCullen1

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2014, 12:47:29 PM »
There was a lady on the 12 noon LAA show on Thursday (8/21) who was a morning deejay. She was the third one eliminated. I could swear she was a contestant on 1 vs. 100 with Bob Saget.