Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pictionary (1989) question  (Read 3969 times)

Vahan_Nisanian

Pictionary (1989) question
« on: August 31, 2014, 03:34:11 PM »
Did this version of Pictionary get paired up with the Orlando-based episodes of Super Sloppy Double Dare in some, if not all local stations?

And speaking of Orlando-based SSDD, did it air the same time this version of Pictionary did (June 12-September 8, 1989)?

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: Pictionary (1989) question
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 05:48:21 PM »
If they did in some markets, it didn't happen here because Pictionary aired on WWOR in the morning and WNYW carried SSDD.

I don't see why they'd have paired them considering MCA was responsible for one and Viacom the other.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 06:09:53 PM »
I think there's an easy way for the original poster to figure this out.

1) Compile a list of the carrying stations and air times for episodes of Pictionary.

2) Compile a list of the carrying stations and air times for the episodes of Double Dare in question.

3) Compile the information in whatever way the original poster sees fit.

4. Profit.
Travis L. Eberle

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 06:17:14 PM »
If they did in some markets, it didn't happen here because Pictionary aired on WWOR in the morning and WNYW carried SSDD.

I don't see why they'd have paired them considering MCA was responsible for one and Viacom the other.

In some markets during the summer of 1988, the weekly-13-episode-programs Treasure Mall (Saban/Fiedler-Berlin/O.K.T.) and Slime Time (Hunt-Jaffe/O.K.T.) aired back-to-back.

PYLdude

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 06:19:12 PM »
I think there's an easy way for the original poster to figure this out.

1) Compile a list of the carrying stations and air times for episodes of Pictionary.

2) Compile a list of the carrying stations and air times for the episodes of Double Dare in question.

3) Compile the information in whatever way the original poster sees fit.

4. Profit.

...or we could perhaps not give him fodder for his notion that everyone's out to get him and if the question's legit, answer it if we can and don't if we can't.

It wasn't an off the wall question like we're used to seeing him post, or a blatantly designed bait statement like he's prone to making.

(and dude...seriously...chillax. I don't know what bug is up your butt but it's been biting extra hard lately. Save it for when he deserves it.)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

PYLdude

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 06:20:01 PM »

In some markets during the summer of 1988, the weekly-13-episode-programs Treasure Mall (Saban/Fiedler-Berlin/O.K.T.) and Slime Time (Hunt-Jaffe/O.K.T.) aired back-to-back.

But that's the same distributor, isn't it? Not really similar.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 06:22:42 PM »
...or we could perhaps not give him fodder for his notion that everyone's out to get him and if the question's legit, answer it if we can and don't if we can't.

It wasn't an off the wall question like we're used to seeing him post, or a blatantly designed bait statement like he's prone to making.
"Did this show get paired up in some stations" is an invitation for everyone to post whether it was or not (and really, we're going on nearly thirty year old memories at that point.) That'd be easy enough. When he says "all stations" I'm going to call it out as saying "please do the work for me."

If you want to indulge his fixations that's your dime, but I'm not going to. Your admonition to 'chillax' is silly and misguided. I don't have my dander up at all.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 06:34:15 PM »

"Did this show get paired up in some stations" is an invitation for everyone to post whether it was or not (and really, we're going on nearly thirty year old memories at that point.) That'd be easy enough. When he says "all stations" I'm going to call it out as saying "please do the work for me."

If you want to indulge his fixations that's your dime, but I'm not going to. Your admonition to 'chillax' is silly and misguided. I don't have my dander up at all.

You took a swipe at Cory's 24 hour GSM work (unitentional but still a swipe), you claimed I was libeling a guy whose idea I called into question as being potentially fraudulent based on several factors, and now this.

It's fair to assume something's off. That's all I'm saying, and if it isn't the case then I withdraw the statement even if I still scratch my head.

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 08:37:32 PM »
I know both shows aired on WYAH (now WGNT) in afternoon slots, but I don't remember whether they aired back to back. I think one aired at 3:30, then the other an hour later.

That's just a guess, considering it's been 25 years...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!