Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Which would you write for?  (Read 9333 times)

Vahan_Nisanian

Re: Which would you write for?
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2014, 03:53:17 PM »
Brendan, don't let Chris and Travis get you down. They act like they're tougher and smarter than everyone else on this forum, but in reality, they just bully good people like you to leave.

Brendan, you are one of the few sane people on this forum.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 03:57:25 PM by Vahan_Nisanian »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2014, 04:05:22 PM »
Oh no, Chris! The Game Show Lover born in 1987 is on to us! He's figured out our master plan! Whatever shall we do? I for one am wilting under his house of cards built on shrill rantings and baseless claims.

And for serious, because I think Vahan is full of what makes the grass grow: who can you prove that I have directly "bullied into leaving"? I think if you're going to throw around stuff like that you should have proof of action.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 04:08:38 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

Don Howard

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2014, 05:09:16 PM »

Yet consider the source.

you've finally broken me. I'm done.

3:49pm FRIDAY 4.25.14 with a post count of 390. Post #391 will be along before the Kentucky Derby, if not much sooner. See you then.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2014, 05:48:17 PM »
It does seem to be both a strangely arbitrary and a strangely specific ("Rock & Roll" Jeopardy?) list of ten shows.

First thing I thought too. Wasn't sure why Blackout and specifically Match Game '90 were listed.

The way it was worded, I also jumped to the conclusion of "what amount of work could I handle into retirement age without wanting to slam my head into a wall" and I split the difference with Feud. I couldn't feign enough interest in Tattle Tales to keep it going long enough, low requirements aside. There's enough producer-y decisions in what Feud questions to ask and where to use them that it would challenge me sufficiently.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2014, 05:56:28 PM »
The way it was worded, I also jumped to the conclusion of "what amount of work could I handle into retirement age without wanting to slam my head into a wall" and I split the difference with Feud. I couldn't feign enough interest in Tattle Tales to keep it going long enough, low requirements aside. There's enough producer-y decisions in what Feud questions to ask and where to use them that it would challenge me sufficiently.
And here's something that didn't really get answered in the original question: if we know that the show is on for as long s we work, does that mean we can mold the questions to give the kind of show we want to see rather than the kind of show we're getting? Does it presume that we have a staff and are making the decision of what gets to the eventual show (what Jeopardy at various times called Editorial Producer or what have you.)

If I fell into the job of writing for TTales, you better believe I want to get that done as fast as possible because neither the game nor subject matter appeal to me in the least. I don't really get whipped into a frenzy over what Hollywood Squares is asking though I did like some of what I saw from H2. If I had editorial control and could end the Genital Parade I would absolutely take the Feud job, but I think I would also enjoy the challenges of Super Password as well. I just don't think that I would choose one and say "yup, that's the career on which I'll hang my hat" because then I'll be like that guy from Ratt who is likely pondering why it took so darn long to leave the band.
Travis L. Eberle

alfonzos

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2014, 09:23:37 PM »
I would like to go off the board and say Concentration. I have always had a flair for designing rebus puzzles. Otherwise, Scrabble.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2014, 09:34:39 PM »
Brendan, don't let Chris and Travis get you down. They act like they're tougher and smarter than everyone else on this forum, but in reality, they just bully good people like you to leave.

I don't know about that much, but I consider Travis and Chris to be two of the more knowledgable people here. Even if I don't always find myself agreeing with both of them.

Unlike a conspiracy theorist like you, who has some of the thinnest skin of any forum member I have ever come across.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 12:56:11 AM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022