Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Feud in Norfolk  (Read 3731 times)

BrandonFG

Feud in Norfolk
« on: December 31, 2003, 04:55:07 PM »
On January 12, Ryan Seacrest's new show will replace Feud at 5 pm...why, I don't know. :-P

As a result, Feud will move back to its 11 am-12 noon slot that it had earlier this year.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

uncamark

Feud in Norfolk
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 03:56:01 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 31 2003, 04:55 PM\']On January 12, Ryan Seacrest's new show will replace Feud at 5 pm...why, I don't know. :-P[/quote]
The Seacrest show is meant for late-afternoon play (to compete with "TRL") and is supposedly going to be fed live to the stations from its studios at the Hollywood and Highland mall.  (Star 98.7 has put in a radio studio so that Seacrest can go right to his afternoon drive radio show without fighting the traffic.)

ObGameShow:  No word if there are leftover joke books or Weekly World News copies in the former premises of the Cramatorium at Hollywood and Highland.  :)

Or head shots of Graham Elwood and Icey.

rugrats1

Feud in Norfolk
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2004, 04:16:57 PM »
QUOTE (fostergray82 @ Dec 31 2003, 04:55 PM)
On January 12, Ryan Seacrest's new show will replace Feud at 5 pm...why, I don't know. :-P

The Seacrest show is meant for late-afternoon play (to compete with "TRL") and is supposedly going to be fed live to the stations from its studios at the Hollywood and Highland mall.

In the Tampa Bay area, WTVT ch.13's carrying Seacrest at 3PM, before Judge Judy at 4 and the news at 5, far enough away from MTV's TRL at 5PM.

TV Favorites

Feud in Norfolk
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2004, 04:18:09 PM »
I believe we are getting Seacrest's show at 4PM EST in my area.

GS Warehouse

Feud in Norfolk
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2004, 06:10:53 PM »
[quote name=\'TV Favorites\' date=\'Jan 2 2004, 04:18 PM\'] I believe we are getting Seacrest's show at 4PM EST in my area. [/quote]
 WXMI Fox 17 has slotted it at 3pm ET.

ObGameShows: Ryan, you could land gigs on every network, TV and radio, at the same time, and this board will still remember you for Wild Animal Games and Click.

uncamark

Feud in Norfolk
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2004, 04:45:14 PM »
And the Entertainment Weekly article on Seacrest this week states that his show can only air between 3 and 7 p.m. local time, at his request.

And it sure looked like the part of the "World Idol" final where he plugged his show was added on to the U.S. version--guess the folks at ThamesTalkBack weren't keen on giving him an international plug, especially since it'll probably be on Sky One if it plays in the UK.

rugrats1

Feud in Norfolk
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2004, 04:56:53 PM »
And it sure looked like the part of the "World Idol" final where he plugged his show was added on to the U.S. version...

Apparently, each country had their own hosts hosting "World Idol" in their own country -- in Canada, Ben Mulroney, the host of CTV's "Canadian Idol", anchored "World Idol" on CTV, which of course, was "sim-subbed" over Fox's coverage at the time.

("Sim-sub" -- if a US and Canadian channel show the same program at the same time, with the Canadian version offering 95% of the same content as the Us channel, the Canadian channel has the right to override the US channel with that Canadian channel on cable and satellite systems.)

uncamark

Feud in Norfolk
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2004, 05:14:22 PM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'Jan 4 2004, 04:56 PM\']
And it sure looked like the part of the "World Idol" final where he plugged his show was added on to the U.S. version...

Apparently, each country had their own hosts hosting "World Idol" in their own country -- in Canada, Ben Mulroney, the host of CTV's "Canadian Idol", anchored "World Idol" on CTV, which of course, was "sim-subbed" over Fox's coverage at the time.

("Sim-sub" -- if a US and Canadian channel show the same program at the same time, with the Canadian version offering 95% of the same content as the Us channel, the Canadian channel has the right to override the US channel with that Canadian channel on cable and satellite systems.)[/quote]
However, we got Ant and Dec on the first part since Seacrest had begged out due to doing the Fox New Year's Eve special (which got delayed to 12:30 a.m. in Chicago thanks to a local New Year's Eve show starring the morning jocks from WTMX *and* the regular "Simpsons" and "That 70s Show" reruns at 10 p.m.--WFLD must not want to offend "Simpsons" fans by pre-empting it).

As for the finale, I believe the local hosts only appeared to announce their votes and Ant and Dec were hosts in all territories.  In this case, the exception was Belgium, where judge Nina announced the vote, presumably because the Belgian "Idol" host was unfamiliar with the English language--not that didn't stop the Polish host.

ObGameShow:  Judge Nina, of course, is no relation to Judge Von Eric from "Play the Percentages."

Brandon Brooks

Feud in Norfolk
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2004, 08:51:26 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jan 4 2004, 05:14 PM\'] As for the finale, I believe the local hosts only appeared to announce their votes and Ant and Dec were hosts in all territories.  In this case, the exception was Belgium, where judge Nina announced the vote, presumably because the Belgian "Idol" host was unfamiliar with the English language--not that didn't stop the Polish host. [/quote]
According to the website, at least one of the Pan-Arab hosts flew to England studio to tape his hosting segment.  And considering that all the countries represented do not speak English, I would be inclined to think more hosts taped segments at the UK studio as well.

Also, if you go the the site, Ant and Dec were only the hosts for the UK and the US.  All other nine countries had their resprective countries host(s).

Brandon Brooks
« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 10:42:45 PM by Brandon Brooks »

aaron sica

Feud in Norfolk
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2004, 08:59:27 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Jan 2 2004, 06:10 PM\'] WXMI Fox 17 has slotted it at 3pm ET.

[/quote]
 Since everyone else is chiming in on Ryan's new show..

I looked at the local listings for here, and UPN 15 (WLYH-TV, one half of the Clear Channel TV stations - WHP-TV CBS 21's the other) has scheduled it for 6pm.