Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: So here's a thought...  (Read 10885 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
So here's a thought...
« on: March 04, 2014, 12:31:50 PM »
at work last night, I was asked by a former coworker if I would try out for another show. I mentioned it would take some time before I could, and mentioned that I would consider going for Wheel or Jeopardy. Said person asks if I could do both, which got me thinking.

Has there ever been a contestant that appeared on both Wheel and Jeopardy?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: So here's a thought...
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 12:38:47 PM »
Jason Block turned the double play about ten years ago, and Millionaire early on in the nighttime run, too.
Travis L. Eberle

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 01:26:33 PM »
It's been 8 years since my "Wheel" episode, and I have attempted to try the "Double Play" myself, to no avail.

/So, no...

Allstar87

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 01:54:49 PM »
Million Second Quiz champion Andrew Kravis played in Jeopardy's 2002 Teen Tournament and Wheel of Fortune's 2008 College Week.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 02:00:53 PM »
Cory Anotado was on Jep! in 1998 and Wheel during a 2005 Teen Best Friends Week. Not sure if that counts, though.

Josh Woo was on a 2003 Jeopardy! Kids Week and taped his Wheel appearance back on February 27 of this year (scheduled for April 28). He also won over $34,000 on The Price Is Right in 2010.

Does Pat Sajak count? :P
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 02:17:49 PM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 02:18:11 PM »
Cory Anotado was on Jep! in 1998 and Wheel during a 2005 Teen Best Friends Week. Not sure if that counts, though.

Oh, man, Cory, a Benfield name-drop! Want me to screenshot it for you?
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 02:25:11 PM »
Please do that for me, Christian. I'm out of toilet roll.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 02:28:56 PM »
Please do that for me, Christian. I'm out of toilet roll.

So you want a screenshot? Dude, your monitor must look nasty. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 02:34:42 PM »
So you want a screenshot? Dude, your monitor must look nasty. :)
Not where I was going with the joke, but I shall doff my cap to you and applaud anyway. Well done, old bean.

Dan: you can count anything you want. Nobody around here is going to take you any more seriously because your List of Whatever includes or excludes some elements.
Travis L. Eberle

pacdude

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 02:53:54 PM »

Oh, man, Cory, a Benfield name-drop! Want me to screenshot it for you?

I haven't had an orthodox internet career, and I've wanted more than anything to have Dan Benfield's respect. The first time I didn't feel it, but this time I feel it—and I can't deny the fact that he likes me, right now, he likes me!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 09:28:18 PM »
and I've wanted more than anything to have Dan Benfield's respect.

Conversely, I've been gunning for his contempt.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 09:38:21 PM »
Is JEP! Jeopardy? No. It isn't.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 09:49:33 PM »
And someone who disagrees with you is free to conjure his own list and we can make what we will of it.

I don't disagree; there were enough differences that you can't call JEP! the same, especially when the Kids Week exists.
Travis L. Eberle

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 11:40:24 PM »
And someone who disagrees with you is free to conjure his own list and we can make what we will of it.

I don't disagree; there were enough differences that you can't call JEP! the same, especially when the Kids Week exists.

But IIRC, the Kids Week replaced Jep....and considering that Cory gave up his eligibility at regular Jeopardy for a shot at a sweet boom box 15 years ago, I'd give him credit for the double.

EDIT: I stand corrected. Cory sold his eligibility for a shot at a sweet mountain bike....or a Sony electronics package- take your pick.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 11:45:27 PM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2014, 04:32:26 AM »
I think part of the reason Jep! feels so different (at least to me) is that there was no money at stake like the version the kids probably watched beforehand -- only a choice between two prizes depending on how well you did, which made it seem as if the risks weren't as rewarding or worth trying as they were on the adult version.

(Yes, Super Jeopardy! also used points, but it was also a special Tournament of Champions with a $250,000 pot of gold at the end.)

But IIRC, the Kids Week replaced Jep
Based on the listings at J! Archive, the first Kids/Back-to-School Week was at the start of Season 16, so it probably did.

....and considering that Cory gave up his eligibility at regular Jeopardy for a shot at a sweet boom box 15 years ago, I'd give him credit for the double.
Unless he's otherwise ineligible per the rules on the official website, he can still be on the Trebek version.

By comparison, those who gave up their eligibility at regular Wheel for a shot at a Game.com and maybe limo rides to and from school for a week are probably wishing they waited about another four or five years so they could use their one chance for a shot at cash and prizes that weren't as lame.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 04:49:14 AM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...