Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best of TPIR on DVD  (Read 9706 times)

inturnaround

Best of TPIR on DVD
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2004, 01:35:24 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jan 1 2004, 05:41 PM\'] [quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jan 1 2004, 11:35 AM\'] Anybody else buy Mr. Smith's "Mallrats" just to see Art James again? [/quote]
Goodness, no. However, that was the only reason I watched that awful movie when ABC ran it a few years ago. The scene with Stan "The Man" Lee was an added bonus. [/quote]
 I don't think it's fair to judge the movie by the ABC airing. The movie was absolutely raped for broadcast and the person they got to dub the swears for Jay (of "and Silent Bob" fame) does such a laughable job that it almost makes you forget how bad the substitute dialogue is.

If you belong to Netflix, give the film another chance. It's funny, darn it!
Joe Coughlin     
Human

Matt Ottinger

Best of TPIR on DVD
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2004, 12:03:19 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Jan 3 2004, 02:35 AM\'] If you belong to Netflix, give the film another chance. It's funny, darn it! [/quote]
 I'm pretty sure that there are ways of enjoying the film in its entirety even if you don't belong to Netflix.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

inturnaround

Best of TPIR on DVD
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2004, 12:16:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Jan 3 2004, 12:03 PM\'] [quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Jan 3 2004, 02:35 AM\'] If you belong to Netflix, give the film another chance. It's funny, darn it! [/quote]
I'm pretty sure that there are ways of enjoying the film in its entirety even if you don't belong to Netflix. [/quote]
 True, but I was trying to coax a seemingly unwilling person to try a movie he hated. I guess it was my way of saying, "Hey, it's worth a rent!".

OBGameShows: The You Bet Your Life discs are available for rent from Netflix. Of course, this would mean you don't get a look at the awesome packaging that comes when you purchase said set.
Joe Coughlin     
Human