Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Holiday marathons Christmas/New Years  (Read 4777 times)

LetsGoYankees

Holiday marathons Christmas/New Years
« on: December 10, 2013, 08:26:00 AM »

Source:http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCSGrid.do?sgt=grid&stnNum=14909&channel=&fromTimeInMillis=0&aid=zap2it\'> Zap2It Schedule for GSN

From the given schedule now, Deal or No Deal (NBC) will have its own Christmas Eve marathon from 8am-6pm (ET) Tuesday, December 24th.

Wednesday, December 25th: Regular schedule 8am-1pm; Game Show Moments Gone Bananas 1pm-6pm; The Chase Season 1 marathon from 6pm-Midnight (ET).

No special scheduling for December 26th

Reruns of What\'s My Line and I\'ve Got a Secret continue at 3am (ET) the week of December 23rd through the 27th, the second and last week they\'ll be shown.

EDIT (12/13):

Tuesday 12/31 8am-6pm (ET): The $25,000 Pyramid/The $100,000 Pyramid (with Dick Clark)

Tuesday 12/31 6pm-12am (ET): The Chase Season 2 marathon (No new episodes)

Tuesday 12/31 12am-4am (ET): Baggage

Wednesday 1/1 8am-6pm (ET): Baggage

« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 10:33:44 PM by LetsGoYankees »
gameshownetworknews.blogspot.com
gameshownetworknews@gmail.com

aaron sica

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 11:18:46 AM »

If the schedule only runs through Christmas Eve, why would your title say Christmas/New Years? Oops..I should have seen who posted. Bubblegum journalism at its finest, folks...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 11:22:56 AM »

If it keeps him from making a second thread when he favors us with his \"coverage\" of whatever they do for New Year\'s, I\'m in favor.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 12:04:56 PM »

Didn\'t we learn a lesson from our last evisceration?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 01:58:40 PM »

Further marathons for Christmas, New Years Eve and New Years will be posted here whenever they are made available.

Oh, goody.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 05:57:44 PM »

It appears on the Zap2It schedule that Game Show Moments Gone Bananas will air Christmas Day 1-6pm and a marathon of The Chase starting at 6pm Christmas night.

A regular daytime schedule will remain from 8am-1pm.

Can\'t you just edit your original post to say this?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

JonSea31

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 01:00:05 PM »

Wednesday, December 25th: Regular schedule 8am-1pm; Game Show Moments Gone Bananas 1pm-6pm; The Chase Season 1 marathon from 6pm-Midnight (ET).

Unless I\'m mistaken, this might be the first time in a decade that regular programming aired on the morning of Christmas Day.  I am pretty certain that a decade ago on Christmas Day, there was no marathon prevalent until the afternoon when a marathon of holiday-themed Family Feud with Ray Combs and later Richard Dawson was airing.

As for the B&W shows airing right to the last Friday of December (thus far), I would like to ask, will this be the longest duration since 2009 that B&W shows aired in late night on GSN?  I thought I learned somewhere that the B&W shows started earlier in December (2nd or 9th)?  Or do they start airing on the 16th?

I am developing classic game show PC games.
If you'd like to find out information about them, PM me anytime.

Winkfan

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 04:21:46 PM »
Just found out what's on tap for New Year's on GSN:

Tuesday 12/31 8am-6pm (ET): The $25,000 Pyramid/The $100,000 Pyramid (with Dick Clark)

Tuesday 12/31 6pm-12am (ET): The Chase Season 2 marathon (No new episodes)

Tuesday 12/31 12am-4am (ET): Baggage

Wednesday 1/1 8am-6pm (ET): Baggage

I was hoping that for 12/31/2013, they'd do a six-hour Pyramid marathon, a six-hour one for Press Your Luck, a four-hour one for Match Game (all six "sign-change" specials, plus the two episodes from the original version), and end it with a four-hour Beat The Clock one ("Best Stunts of the Year," the two big "Bonus Stunt" win episodes, and the one lone ABC daytime episode) for the overnight hours.

As for the last one listed, it appears that Harvey and Springer will be taking over all New Year's Day; as there will be more Harvey Feud in prime time, followed by more Baggage for the rest of the night.

Cordially,
Tammy

P.S. GSN will air the MG '76-'77 sign change installment on Monday December 30 at 8:30am EST. Also, I thought they lost the lease on DoND
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 05:38:10 PM by Winkfan »
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024)

pacdude

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2013, 04:37:07 PM »

Wednesday, December 25th: The Chase Season 1 marathon from 6pm-Midnight (ET).

This sounds great.

Don Howard

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 10:06:14 PM »

I was hoping that for 12/31/2013, they\'d do a six-hour Pyramid marathon, a six-hour one Press Your Luck, a four-hour one for Match Game (all six \"sign-change\" specials, plus the two episodes from the original version), and end it with a four-hour Beat The Clock one (\"Best Stunts of the Year,\" the two big \"Bonus Stunt\" win episodes, and the one lone ABC daytime episode) for the overnight hours.

Good to know.

rwalker

Re: Holiday marathons Christmas/New Years
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 04:48:11 PM »
At least we that good stuff on Thanksgiving weekend. Christmas this year was a joke. Clark Pyramids were the same ones, you'd think they coulda got some of the ones before 1985