Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN adds Shop 'Til Drop, Blockbusters and Syndicated $ale eff  (Read 25423 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
GSN adds Shop 'Til Drop, Blockbusters and Syndicated $ale eff
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2013, 01:16:39 PM »

Necessary why?

If you want to get all chicken/egg on it, why was it necessary to ask if Thunder\'s comment was necessary?
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2013, 02:33:09 PM »

Necessary why?

If you want to get all chicken/egg on it, why was it necessary to ask if Thunder\'s comment was necessary?

I don\'t. Thunder should have kept his mouth shut.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

cyclone45

« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2013, 06:59:25 PM »

Back on topic..I may be in the minority here but I like the crazier stunts on STYD as opposed to the pricing ones. Pat Finn is an amazing host and he reminds me of school, taking those standardized tests.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2013, 08:41:44 PM »

Pat Finn is an amazing host and he reminds me of school, taking those standardized tests.

You almost had a chance to be taken mildly seriously for a bit, but you blew it.
Travis L. Eberle

J.R.

« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2013, 09:32:06 PM »

I\'ve never thought Finn was a \"bad\" host, he did move along the game well. Mostly just kinda bland and \"safe\" with his style. Certainly not one of the greats, though.

-Joe Raygor

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2013, 03:25:49 AM »

I\'ve never thought Finn was a \"bad\" host, he did move along the game well. Mostly just kinda bland and \"safe\" with his style. Certainly not one of the greats, though.

Definitely. Not the best but did decent with what he had.

The original STYD was an inoffensive way to spend a half hour. You had a mix of crazy stuff and serious stuff and it worked. When they decided to junk the crazy stuff, they junked the hook.

I wouldn\'t have minded the switch from mall to Costco so much if they found a way to keep the crazy stuff in. Although I\'m not sure what physical stuff you could do in a warehouse store.  
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2013, 12:01:08 PM »

The original STYD was an inoffensive way to spend a half hour. You had a mix of crazy stuff and serious stuff and it worked. When they decided to junk the crazy stuff, they junked the hook.

But they didn\'t: they replaced \"here\'s your 100 points for winning the stunt; now you get to go shopping. Pick a store and you win what\'s inside.\" to \"run to any department with a flashing light; now GO!\" which was corny and hokey as hell and at it looks like it required multiple takes to get right. So you play a pricing or guessing game at the center stage lectern, then go running around for a few seconds, then it\'s back to guessing which was the character on Saturday Night Live. Yee haw. Like you said, at least the original article had the momentum build to a natural conclusion and made the final quiz round moderately serious. And as far as I know, Pat never rendered a verdict with \"I\'m sorry but I need you to be correct.\"
Travis L. Eberle

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2013, 01:58:48 PM »

I wouldn\'t have minded the switch from mall to Costco so much if they found a way to keep the crazy stuff in. Although I\'m not sure what physical stuff you could do in a warehouse store.

You\'ve never been in a Costco, have you? ;)

I could think of all SORTS of fun things to do with 96 rolls of toilet paper...

--Mark
Phil 4:13

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2013, 03:41:05 PM »

You\'ve never been in a Costco, have you? ;)

Or a drag race with your oversized shopping carts while sampling all of the things...

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2013, 09:25:06 PM »

I didn\'t know you were in Blue Man Group.  :)

Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2013, 09:50:08 PM »

I didn\'t know you were in Blue Man Group.  :)

Mummenschanz.

/get the hell off my lawn

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Don Howard

« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2013, 11:53:43 AM »

Which explains all the calluses.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2013, 04:51:36 PM »

Interesting research foul-up on the second afternoon STYD today:

\"Which came first: the computer mouse, Mickey Mouse, or Mickey Rooney?\"

Mickey Mouse was deemed correct, despite being eight years young than Mickey Rooney.

-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
Re: GSN adds Shop 'Til Drop, Blockbusters and Syndicated $ale eff
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2014, 09:00:04 AM »
Sorry for the bump, but wanted to note something about Shop 'Til You Drop -- per the advance schedules, on January 24 GSN will be airing the last episode of Season 7 (#080) and the first of Season 8 (#8001), going through #8013 on February 3 before looping back to #001 on the 4th.

So that'd appear to confirm the lease -- unless I missed something along the way, it's the first 93 PAX episodes.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 12:36:13 PM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Allstar87

Re: GSN adds Shop 'Til Drop, Blockbusters and Syndicated $ale eff
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2014, 10:59:03 AM »
Sorry for the bump, but wanted to note something -- per the advance schedules, on January 24 GSN will be airing the last episode of Season 7 (#080) and the first of Season 8 (#8001), going through #8013 on February 3 before looping back to #001 on the 4th.

So that'd appear to confirm the lease -- unless I missed something along the way, it's the first 93 PAX episodes.

Almost all of them...for whatever reason, episode 54 is skipped.