Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Barker to return to Price on December 12  (Read 42881 times)

cyclone45

Barker to return to Price on December 12
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2013, 11:46:45 PM »

Travis, all I am doing is stating my opinion on the man. You guys can like or dislike whomever you want. Good day, Sir,

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2013, 11:55:00 PM »

On one hand you could say that Bob Barker isn\'t that important, on the other hand you could say that he is. The public at large will always remember him as this nice old man who gave away millions of prizes. To get him to come back is a huge rating coup that the current regime will thoroughly enjoy the spoils to.

I\'ve cut down communications by about 90% with a long-term friend of mine because he\'s become both insufferable and incoherent in his complaints about everything. He thinks that the world would be a terrific place if we\'d all just give up our sovereignty and do what he wants, even if he doesn\'t quite understand it himself, and can\'t explain why we should give up our cars just so our ancestors a thousand years in the future can have a planet to live on. (when pressed he was unable to expand upon this point.) It got so bad that when discussing Why I\'m A Libertarian, he asked me point blank, what I\'d do if my upstairs neighbors had a wading pool filled with kerosene. (As it happens, my answer involved lots of prayer, but not the backstroke.)

My friend, like Johnny here, is a nothing-burger. Nobody is going to follow either through the gates of Hell because we can\'t understand them. Even if we could put their word salad into something resembling a thought, we don\'t buy in anyway because we have lives and bills and crap. When Bob comes out of retirement again to announce that he\'s running for senator on a platform of mandatory pet castration, let\'s talk. Until then, let\'s not.
Travis L. Eberle

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2013, 02:44:26 AM »

Travis, all I am doing is stating my opinion on the man.

No, what you\'re doing is bloviating. As such, you should not be the least bit surprised that most people are either ignoring you or asking you to stop.

BrandonFG

« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2013, 09:11:53 AM »

I don\'t revere Bob; I don\'t like him as a person. (I also don\'t know him personally.) I don\'t like his backstage actions, and that\'s it. I go about my day. He does not enter my life. People who want to remember him as the host of their favorite game show can do so and I\'m not going to \"ruin\" that for them.

This is the perfect way to sum this whole thing up. If Johnny took that approach, this conversation would flow much smoother. Instead it\'s turning into more of an \"Aw jeez! Not this [stuff] again\" conversation.

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2013, 11:18:43 AM »

Travis, all I am doing is stating my opinion on the man. You guys can like or dislike whomever you want. Good day, Sir,

This has nothing to do with our opinion of Bob and everything to do with our opinion of you. And right now, I like Bob better.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2013, 11:27:07 AM »

So it\'s okay for you to go on and on about how much you hate the man, but when others defend the act of throwing him a party, you take your ball and go home?

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2013, 12:07:04 PM »

Good day, Sir,

Well then. You really told me, didn\'t You.
Travis L. Eberle

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2013, 12:29:55 PM »

Good day, Sir,

Well then. You really told me, didn\'t You.

I SAID GOOD DAY!

This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2013, 04:56:32 PM »

So it\'s okay for you to go on and on about how much you hate the man, but when others defend the act of throwing him a party, you take your ball and go home?

If he takes his ball and exits through the marked door, that means he won\'t be around anymore.
Travis L. Eberle

cyclone45

« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2013, 07:55:34 PM »

Oh (BLEEP)

Yes, that would also be incorrect, Johnny

(drop zone opens)

drops thru floor.

cyclone45

« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2013, 07:58:35 PM »

If they are gonna throw him a (BEEEEEEEEEP) party, thwn they are going to throw him a (BLEEEP) party! There\'s NOTHING you can do, Johnny!! Now shut the (BEEP) up and go away!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2013, 08:19:22 PM »
Note to self: stop opening cans of worms.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

cyclone45

« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2013, 08:34:20 PM »

I love Barker AS A HOST, guys, don\'t get me wrong. There are two sides to every story and I just don\'t like his political side, and \'m worried that bringing him back might invite more trouble than it\'s worth. Barker is in my mind the second greatest host of all time, behind, ironically, the first TPiR host, Bill Cullen. I\'m just worried about the animosity at Studio 33 given his past. 

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2013, 08:53:00 PM »

I love Barker AS A HOST, guys, don\'t get me wrong. There are two sides to every story and I just don\'t like his political side, and \'m worried that bringing him back might invite more trouble than it\'s worth. Barker is in my mind the second greatest host of all time, behind, ironically, the first TPiR host, Bill Cullen. I\'m just worried about the animosity at Studio 33 given his past. 

Funny how you cite being more trouble than it\'s worth...

Cut your losses, man. You\'re just making it worse.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2013, 09:09:46 PM »

ironically

Why was it ironic?
Travis L. Eberle