Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Barker to return to Price on December 12  (Read 42454 times)

jjman920

• Mhoops.
Barker to return to Price on December 12
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2013, 10:35:05 PM »

I was indeed being sarcastic. Stop. I probably should\'ve made such intent clear. Stop. I haven\'t really done much in the way of establishing a style in humor. End.

By the way, this Poe fellow should be so luck to have a literary law named after him so soon.

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2013, 10:37:23 PM »
Hey, don\'t blame me, I was right there with you.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2013, 11:06:31 PM »

I was indeed being sarcastic. Stop. I probably should\'ve made such intent clear. Stop. I haven\'t really done much in the way of establishing a style in humor. End.

By the way, this Poe fellow should be so luck to have a literary law named after him so soon.

Well played.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Unrealtor

« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2013, 11:15:17 PM »

Like why the show has celebrated Plinko\'s birthday, is about to celebrate Bob\'s birthday, and has yet to announce its plans to celebrate Janice Pennington\'s 72nd birthday.

That\'s the bigger outrage to me.

You do realize, I fervently hope, that most people don\'t even know Janice *has* a last name.

I thought Janice *was* her last name, and they had to use first and last names on the air because they all had the first name of Thelovely.

"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2013, 04:22:34 PM »

I thought Janice *was* her last name, and they had to use first and last names on the air because they all had the first name of Thelovely.

I lol\'d.

Bobby Peacock

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2013, 05:45:24 PM »
Upon reflection I understand where Johnny\'s coming from, I just don\'t agree with his position or how he went about it (largely due to the fact that his position was incomprehensible). There\'s a whole lot of injustice in the world and lots of times you have to stand down and say \"there\'s really nothing I can do here that will change what happens,\" and not worry about it. The world isn\'t going to wobble off its axis if a game show does something you don\'t like for a day or a week.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2013, 07:09:33 PM »

This exactly. Barker just isn\'t that important. Period.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

cyclone45

« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2013, 07:30:04 PM »

Thank you, Travis. It just sickens me that they want to honor him for being 90. He made the show what it was, no doubt, but offstage he let his fame go to his head. He should just have been humble that the fans loved his hosting style and not brought about all these lawsuits. I guess my point is...you can remember the good, but it\'s hard to forget the bad.

PYLdude

« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2013, 08:26:25 PM »

Thank you, Travis. It just sickens me that they want to honor him for being 90. He made the show what it was, no doubt, but offstage he let his fame go to his head. He should just have been humble that the fans loved his hosting style and not brought about all these lawsuits. I guess my point is...you can remember the good, but it\'s hard to forget the bad.

Oh, STOP!
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2013, 08:29:02 PM »

Thank you, Travis.

Don\'t thank me. If you\'re using the word \"sicken,\" you missed the whole point of my missive.
Travis L. Eberle

Fedya

« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2013, 08:54:49 PM »

It just sickens me that they want to honor him for being 90.

Congratulations on not having dropped dead yet.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

J.R.

« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2013, 09:44:09 PM »

Man alive, did Bob Barker come to your house one day and took a steaming dump on your Wheaties or something?

Consider watching the news or cracking open a history book if you want to see some real \"sickening\" people and actions.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a357/JRaygor/barkerserious.jpg\'>Bob Barker. Serious Business.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 09:48:18 PM by J.R. »
-Joe Raygor

PYLdude

« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2013, 10:08:54 PM »

Man alive, did Bob Barker come to your house one day and took a steaming dump on your Wheaties or something?

Consider watching the news or cracking open a history book if you want to see some real \"sickening\" people and actions.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a357/JRaygor/barkerserious.jpg\'>Bob Barker. Serious Business.

I\'m reminded when I see this of a thin skinned loser on another forum I frequent with whom I disagree on a lot of things. He gets unnecessarily personal sometimes, so I give it back. (Sometimes you have to.)

One day he made the mistake of using the term \"atrocity\" along with \"tragedy\" in regards to some things I said. Considering that I was going through something you actually can consider a tragedy at this time (those who know know, those who don\'t don\'t) and I went off on him for it.

Needless to say he hasn\'t misused those words again.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2013, 11:15:45 PM »
Johnny: what would you have us do?

Think about that seriously before posting. What do you want the takeaway from this thread to be? Right now it\'s that lots of people have you pegged as a complete numbskull.

I don\'t revere Bob; I don\'t like him as a person. (I also don\'t know him personally.) I don\'t like his backstage actions, and that\'s it. I go about my day. He does not enter my life. People who want to remember him as the host of their favorite game show can do so and I\'m not going to \"ruin\" that for them.

This whole deal reminds me of when You Don\'t Know Jack had the Impossible Question. One time they ask \"how do you spell Pyrrhic victory?\" I input my answer, the game says \"yup, that\'s right.\" And I was charged twenty thousand dollars. People are saying you are factually correct, they just don\'t care about the war you\'re fighting.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 11:16:11 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2013, 11:18:04 PM »

On one hand you could say that Bob Barker isn\'t that important, on the other hand you could say that he is. The public at large will always remember him as this nice old man who gave away millions of prizes. To get him to come back is a huge rating coup that the current regime will thoroughly enjoy the spoils to.

Instagram and Twitter are abuzz with http://distilleryimage9.ak.instagram.com/72f93b1e46a011e3b24322000a1f99c2_7.jpg\'>some http://distilleryimage6.ak.instagram.com/8aead5b4468911e3839022000ab5bd98_7.jpg\'>great http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t555/TheTrueAnthony/image_zps5e109daf.jpg\'>pics from the sickening event. They\'re really nice and Bob looks great for his age.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 11:19:04 PM by jjman920 »
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.