Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Barker to return to Price on December 12  (Read 42634 times)

cmjb13

Barker to return to Price on December 12
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2013, 08:59:26 AM »
Didn\'t a couple of James episodes with furs slip through the cracks and air on GSN?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2013, 09:28:02 AM »

The incident which told it all to me was the episode that featured the 1st edition of the encyclopedia with the cover pic of Cullen TPIR, which Bob, on camera, ripped off the display and tossed the to the floor.  That didn\'t sit well we me.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 09:28:30 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Johnissoevil

« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2013, 12:02:11 PM »

Didn\'t a couple of James episodes with furs slip through the cracks and air on GSN?

Those were actually Barker episodes.

In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2013, 01:25:59 PM »

Those were actually Barker episodes.

And it was only one.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2013, 07:34:17 PM »
The incident which told it all to me was the episode that featured the 1st edition of the encyclopedia with the cover pic of Cullen TPIR, which Bob, on camera, ripped off the display and tossed the to the floor.
From what I've read over the years, it wasn't so much "Cullen was on the cover" (as you seem to be suggesting, and I apologize in advance if I'm wrong on that) as it was "Barker wasn't on the cover".
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 06:34:24 AM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Bryce L.

« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2013, 10:02:22 PM »

The incident which told it all to me was the episode that featured the 1st edition of the encyclopedia with the cover pic of Cullen TPIR, which Bob, on camera, ripped off the display and tossed the to the floor.

From what I\'ve read over the years, it wasn\'t so much \"Cullen was on the cover\" (as you seem to be suggesting, and I apologize in advance if I\'m wrong on that) as it was \"Barker wasn\'t on the cover\".

Having seen the episode in question, that was precisely it... and according to Steve Ryan, Bob tossing the book got it a ton of publicity that it otherwise wouldn\'t have

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2013, 05:47:24 AM »

From what I\'ve read over the years, it wasn\'t so much \"Cullen was on the cover\" (as you seem to be suggesting, and I apologize in advance if I\'m wrong on that) as it was \"Barker wasn\'t on the cover\".

Having seen the episode in question, that was precisely it... and according to Steve Ryan, Bob tossing the book got it a ton of publicity that it otherwise wouldn\'t have

I mentioned Cullen because his TPIR was on the cover rather than Mr. Barker\'s.  IIRC, Bob asked if TPIR was on the cover and Janice nodded yes and pointed to the pic of the old PIR.  It would have been more gracious for Bob to move on at that point, but if Steve Ryan is okay with it, all is good.  I wonder if TorC were featured, would Bob have done the same if the cover had a photo of Ralph Edwards?

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2013, 10:46:39 AM »

Plus, no matter how big your ego is, you don\'t do something like that when the cameras are rolling unless you\'re doing it as a joke because you\'ll know you\'ll get a laugh.  Honestly, do you people really think that moment revealed some aspect of his personality he was trying to hide?

This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2013, 10:28:54 AM »

Plus, no matter how big your ego is, you don\'t do something like that when the cameras are rolling unless you\'re doing it as a joke because you\'ll know you\'ll get a laugh.  Honestly, do you people really think that moment revealed some aspect of his personality he was trying to hide?

It did for me.  I didn\'t find it funny.  It didn\'t look like a joke.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2013, 10:57:45 AM »

It did for me.  I didn\'t find it funny.  It didn\'t look like a joke.

9/10.  One point off for beating a dead horse.

dale_grass

« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2013, 05:53:24 PM »

One point off for beating a dead horse.

I skimmed this and had to reread it. Shame on me.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2013, 07:20:37 PM »

I skimmed this and had to reread it. Shame on me.

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse...

« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 07:20:57 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #117 on: December 11, 2013, 05:29:15 PM »

And here\'s https://www.facebook.com/pages/Steve-Ryan-Games/97378838514\'>Ryan\'s story to confirm...pretty interesting knowing the background of it all.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 05:33:25 PM by BrandonFG »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #118 on: December 11, 2013, 05:47:42 PM »

And here\'s https://www.facebook.com/pages/Steve-Ryan-Games/97378838514\'>Ryan\'s story to confirm...pretty interesting knowing the background of it all.

As it turned out, Come On Down was never a competition because it was quickly yanked from the market because of misinformation contained in the book and concern regarding potential lawsuits.

For those of you not familiar, Come On Down was, despite the title, a book about game shows in general, not Price in particular.  The author was Jefferson Graham, a long-time USA TODAY tech writer.  I\'d never heard that there was a significant problem with the book that required it to be pulled from the market.  Does anybody know any more about this?

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #119 on: December 11, 2013, 06:27:40 PM »

Does your copy have the insert about Twenty One in it? There\'s a little slip in mine with the header \"erratum\" explaining how one of the people said to have been charged in the scandals was actually acquitted. Or words to that effect. I can check my copy when I get home.

-Jason

Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck