Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR LIVE Coming to Omaha--I'm Going!  (Read 2225 times)

DjohnsonCB

TPIR LIVE Coming to Omaha--I'm Going!
« on: September 28, 2013, 09:54:26 AM »

Just saw the story on Daily Nonpareil--wasted little time buying a ticket.  BTW, on my print-out ticket it says \"Register 3 hours before show\".  Please explain.

"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

Tim L

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 01:43:12 PM »

Just a total guess-Never been to one of these.  Maybe they want to get audience info in case you get called up for a pricing game? Congrats and enjoy..

nowhammies10

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 01:01:32 PM »

I went to the show when it was here in Toronto last March.  Here\'s a brief rundown of how it works.

When you show up to the theatre, there will be a line off to the side for \"registration\".  This involves putting your name and birthdate (MM/DD) on a pre-printed card and tossing it into a container of some kind (when I went, there were two of those mesh laundry baskets that fold down to a Frisbee).  Your birthday, I assume, is in case there is more than one person with your name in the audience. There is no interview like at Studio 33, so this 3x5 card is what determines if you will be chosen or not.  Don\'t fold it or anything, they will remove it and ask you to do another.

GET THERE EARLY.  I cannot stress that enough.  My show was at 8:00 and I was there by 4:30.  I was about 50th or so in line, a line which eventually stretched well past the barriers they had marked out, around the front of the theatre, and then down a block.  There were about a thousand people in line by 5:00  You want to be covered in case of rain.

Enjoy the show and have fun!  It\'s an incredible experience!

jw2001

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 11:28:31 PM »

The tour is making a stop in Kalamazoo, MI next Tuesday and I\'ve already purchased my tickets and registered to play, both being done online. I can\'t wait! I\'m going into this not expecting to play (although it would be nice!), so I\'m going to have fun regardless.

Eventhough I already purchased my tickets and registered to play online, would it be a good idea to show up early? I haven\'t been to one of these before.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 11:32:42 PM by jw2001 »

jage

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 02:55:13 AM »

The tour is making a stop in Kalamazoo, MI next Tuesday and I\'ve already purchased my tickets and registered to play, both being done online. I can\'t wait! I\'m going into this not expecting to play (although it would be nice!), so I\'m going to have fun regardless.

Eventhough I already purchased my tickets and registered to play online, would it be a good idea to show up early? I haven\'t been to one of these before.

Speaking of Kalamazoo, I see we\'re getting  Mark L. Walberg as host. Wonder if they did away with the in-person registration in favor of online? Seems like you\'d get more no-shows that way.

tomcat

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 03:31:00 PM »

I recently attended \"The Price is Right Live\" in Duluth, Minnesota.  We arrived 3 hours early as stated on the ticket.  They now have 2 lines at registration.  In one line is a piece of paper with a QR code on it to scan.  This takes you to a special website where you enter your name and birthdate, and then you receive a code you use to get a nametag.  This line was very short and took us 3 minutes to get through.  The other line, which extended outside the arena, was manual registration for those without a Smartphone.  This line had hundreds of people in it, and must have taken at least an hour to get through.

Having a QR Code app ready to go will likely save you enough time to go out for dinner before the show starts.

jw2001

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 05:01:26 PM »

I went to the Kalamazoo show last night. It was excellent! Those who pre-registered were able to go through a quick moving line and pick up their name tags, while those who hadn\'t registered were led to go upstairs and do so, but there were quite a few no-shows. Mark and Andrew worked very well together and were very funny.

They offered \"The Big Wheel Experience\", where for $20, you would receive a t-shirt, a professional photo of you standing at the wheel, and then you would also be able to spin it. I gave it a good, hard spin and it landed at a 90. All in all, it was a great time!

« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 09:33:00 PM by jw2001 »