Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" cast to be on Family Feud...  (Read 7007 times)

Mr. Armadillo

"Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" cast to be on Family Feud...
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, 04:28:00 PM »

Family Feud is not built to last for decades with the same version/host like Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune have. Sorry Steve.

What in the blue frigging hell does that even mean?

That means that a host is more likely to last 20 years on Wheel or Jeopardy! than on Family Feud, which is true, given that the percentage of hosts who have lasted \'decades\' on the former shows is higher than zero.  He never said that the other shows *never* changed hosts.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 04:28:40 PM by Mr. Armadillo »

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2013, 05:40:08 PM »

Family Feud is not built to last for decades with the same version/host like Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune have. Sorry Steve.

What in the blue frigging hell does that even mean?

That means that a host is more likely to last 20 years on Wheel or Jeopardy! than on Family Feud, which is true, given that the percentage of hosts who have lasted \'decades\' on the former shows is higher than zero.  He never said that the other shows *never* changed hosts.

It sure as hell was implied. And even if I\'m reading that wrong he said the format of Feud wasn\'t built to last and that is indisputably wrong.

His argument is not legitimate and trying to lend legitimacy to it will just encourage him to post more.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2013, 06:13:06 PM »

His argument is not legitimate and trying to lend legitimacy to it will just encourage him to post more.

That\'s the trick? I must be doing it wrong, because I\'ve been trying that for years and some people are still posting...

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

clemon79

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2013, 07:05:24 PM »

Do you honestly think I\'m going to bother to respond to this:

I honestly give you as much consideration around here as you deserve. Which is to say, none.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 08:45:26 PM »
Well, considering that I was pointing out the gaping holes in your argument I was either expecting you to ignore it or actually come up with logical arguments. You did the former. Met expectations.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 09:25:28 PM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2013, 03:59:33 PM »

http://i.imgflip.com/2i8bu.gif\'>Steve Harvey, upon hearing the news.

Seriously though, Honey Boo Boo is just a lovable little child that TLC has simply pimped out for ratings. She and her family seem very sincere and I have nothing against her or them. If I happen to be home when Feud\'s on, I\'ll give it a watch.

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

clemon79

TimK2003

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2013, 12:09:58 PM »

And in about another dozen years or so, the Octomom will have a family old enough to play on a team.

Actually, find the father and you\'ll have 2 full teams of immediate family members on the same show.