Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel - Jackpot Round retired  (Read 11207 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
Wheel - Jackpot Round retired
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2013, 02:32:18 PM »

I\'m still taking that info with a giant grain of salt until I see a more official source.  I see a Mario in that thread, a Way(overboard)oshi, a Peacock, and a Benfield.  Not exactly the Mount Rushmore of good game show info there.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 03:01:11 PM »

I\'m still taking that info with a giant grain of salt until I see a more official source.

http://distilleryimage8.s3.amazonaws.com/ed560df0eb5211e29f3f22000a1f978e_7.jpg\'>Official photo with the Round 1 layout (and the new logo), posted on Page 3 of said topic.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2013, 03:02:17 PM »

I\'m still taking that info with a giant grain of salt until I see a more official source.  I see a Mario in that thread, a Way(overboard)oshi, a Peacock, and a Benfield.  Not exactly the Mount Rushmore of good game show info there.

Definitely not the same Mario as here. Everything else is on point. I agree something more official would be nice, but considering these guys (and I mean Mario and other site staff) at that board are pretty good at finding pictures and information from people who attend the tapings, I\'m more inclined to take their word for it. Obviously, your mileage may vary.

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2013, 03:37:38 PM »

I see a Mario in that thread, a Way(overboard)oshi, a Peacock, and a Benfield.  Not exactly the Mount Rushmore of good game show info there.

Give that man 10 Eberle escudos.
Travis L. Eberle

J.R.

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2013, 03:49:18 PM »

I\'m going to assume that http://buyavowel.boards.net/post/42086/thread\'>this is Brian\'s source. Like he said earlier, it is from the Buy A Vowel Boards and a member there interviewed a contestant who participated in the first round of tapings.

That thread is very... fascinating. Yeah, that\'s a good word for it.

-Joe Raygor

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2013, 04:04:06 PM »

Definitely not the same Mario as here.

In that case, my apologies to that Mario for lumping him in with the other three.  I agree with what others have said, if the Jackpot round is gone, something has to be replacing it because that\'s one less brand on the show and it seems inconsistent to have a gimmick not attached to round one, yet round two is still the mystery round and round three is the vacation most likely to be someplace in the Caribbean or Central America prize puzzle.

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2013, 04:04:14 PM »

Let the record show that I only posted once in that thread. I\'m not a fan of speculation, myself.

And I know you have every reason to distrust me, Benfield, and Wayoshi. But I would think the pictures they dug up are solid proof.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 04:27:11 PM by Twentington »
Bobby Peacock

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2013, 08:05:13 PM »

Let the record show that I only posted once in that thread. I\'m not a fan of speculation, myself.

And I know you have every reason to distrust me, Benfield, and Wayoshi. But I would think the pictures they dug up are solid proof.

What a martyr craves more than anything is a sword to fall on.

Anyways, I like the new logo- anytime they use the circular version of the word mark, I\'m cool.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2013, 11:25:36 AM »

I\'m still taking that info with a giant grain of salt until I see a more official source.

http://distilleryimage8.s3.amazonaws.com/ed560df0eb5211e29f3f22000a1f978e_7.jpg\'>Official photo with the Round 1 layout (and the new logo), posted on Page 3 of said topic.

That can\'t possibly be right.  I see a full four consecutive spaces without any form of cardboard on them.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2013, 07:35:23 PM »

That can\'t possibly be right.  I see a full four consecutive spaces without any form of cardboard on them.

They all look covered to me.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Millionaire81

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2013, 01:56:15 PM »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2013, 01:41:29 AM »
Buzz has it that the new dongle is the $1000 Express:

Land on it, call letter, profit. You can continue to call consonants at $1,000 a pop, banking it at any time because if you blow it all the money goes plooey and you lose your turn. (So it\'s a Fast Forward.)

If I\'m the one who lands on it and I know the puzzle I do the dance of joy. If I\'m one of the other two contestants I start getting profane in a hurry.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2013, 02:43:55 AM »

Buzz has it that the new dongle is the $1000 Express:

I understand the $1000 Express pulls out of the station right after the 5:15 to Flavortown.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tpirfan28

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2013, 09:40:24 AM »
Apparently if you miss (or blow a solve attempt) on the Express, it\'s a full-on Bankrupt of all your round earnings.  You can also buy vowels during the run too.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2013, 11:01:23 AM »

I would venture that the prize puzzle moves to a different round, to keep the one gimmick per round intact.  Placing the prize puzzle in the first round doesn\'t seem like a great fit, as that would likely give the first round winner a lead of close to $10,000 before the first break.  The $1000 Express sounds like it would be a better fit for the first round.  I like the sounds of this Express as it rewards players who can solve a puzzle early, not that getting a few thou with only a few blanks left in a puzzle is chicken feed.  Kudos to the powers that be for adding a new wrinkle and keeping the game fresh.