Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 35 years ago yesterday  (Read 9567 times)

Jimmy Owen

35 years ago yesterday
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2013, 12:07:10 PM »

Reruns of another network\'s show on NBC daytime were not unprecedented.  \"Make Room for Daddy\" with Danny Thomas ran for five years on the daytime sked, while it was airing on CBS in prime time.  The Jean Hagen episodes from the ABC run also aired on NBC.  The Hagen episodes weren\'t included in the syndication packages. 

Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

aaron sica

35 years ago yesterday
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2013, 12:12:40 PM »

Years ago, thanks to Chuck Donegan, I saw a morning of WABC taped from April 1980, which started near the end of the 10:00 (a.m.) movie, and lead into the daytime rerun of \"Laverne & Shirley\" and then \"Feud\". The L&S ep was a very bad quality print and had a very odd edit in the theme....Somewhere I remember hearing that at the time, it was common for the daytime rerun to be of bad quality. Any truth to this?

Jimmy Owen

35 years ago yesterday
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2013, 12:21:11 PM »

Years ago, thanks to Chuck Donegan, I saw a morning of WABC taped from April 1980, which started near the end of the 10:00 (a.m.) movie, and lead into the daytime rerun of \"Laverne & Shirley\" and then \"Feud\". The L&S ep was a very bad quality print and had a very odd edit in the theme....Somewhere I remember hearing that at the time, it was common for the daytime rerun to be of bad quality. Any truth to this?

On ABC, they always looked a little fuzzy.  Happy Days and Love Boat as well.

Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

That Don Guy

35 years ago yesterday
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2013, 03:03:36 PM »

Correct me if I\'m wrong, but weren\'t there more commercials during the network daytime broadcast periods than in prime time?  (I remember both CBS and ABC allowing 35 minutes in late night to air repeats of 30-minute prime time shows.)  There would have to be cuts (similar to episodes in syndication) to fit the shows into the time slot.

Ian Wallis

35 years ago yesterday
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2013, 01:31:10 PM »

Correct me if I\'m wrong, but weren\'t there more commercials during the network daytime broadcast periods than in prime time?  (I remember both CBS and ABC allowing 35 minutes in late night to air repeats of 30-minute prime time shows.)  There would have to be cuts (similar to episodes in syndication) to fit the shows into the time slot.

Yes, that\'s true.  They were edited for daytime reruns.

For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!