Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Quizmaster" Bill Cullen biography available now!  (Read 35327 times)

Bobby B.

"Quizmaster" Bill Cullen biography available now!
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2013, 05:55:13 PM »
I ordered mine from the first eBay link Adam posted and it very unexpectedly showed up in my mailbox today.  The eBay listing didn\'t show that it had even shipped.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2013, 06:16:40 PM »

I ordered mine from the first eBay link Adam posted and it very unexpectedly showed up in my mailbox today. The eBay listing didn\'t show that it had even shipped.

My copies (which I ordered directly from the publisher) arrived today as well.  So the physical books are ready after all, and the publication date of the 17th is some sort of Amazon fiction.

Kindles are nice and all, but there\'s nothing like being able to thumb through a nice hefty book to see what pictures catch your eye.  And there are a TON of pictures, many of which I\'ve never seen before.  Once again, Adam, congratulations.

This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2013, 06:39:21 PM »

Kindles are nice and all, but there\'s nothing like being able to thumb through a nice hefty book to see what pictures catch your eye.  And there are a TON of pictures, many of which I\'ve never seen before.  Once again, Adam, congratulations.

Don\'t disagree at all. I have several cookbooks in Kindle form, but it\'s just not the same. All depends on what you\'re in it for.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2013, 10:44:50 PM »

The other advantage, to me, is the ability to treat the book like a trophy. Have it on display in your living room and it\'s a conversation starter or just a way to let a new visitor know something about you.

Thank you, Matt, and thank you especially for your contributions to the finished product. Having a fan who also happened to have deep knowledge of the subject was especially helpful for getting a few of my points across in the text.

Also, to address this question--and I\'m flattered by the requests I\'ve received on here and on Facebook--if you already bought a copy and you\'d like me to autograph it, send me a private message including your mailing address. Send me the book along with check/money order/cash only to cover the cost of mailing it back to you, and I\'ll happily sign it and pass it right back your way.

Nick

« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2013, 02:41:29 PM »

if you already bought a copy and you\'d like me to autograph it, send me a private message including your mailing address. Send me the book along with check/money order/cash only to cover the cost of mailing it back to you, and I\'ll happily sign it and pass it right back your way.

I was going to ask if it was possible to get it signed if I just so happened to see you when I attend \"America\'s Greatest Game Shows\" at Madame Tussauds next month... except I don\'t see it on the site anymore.  I\'d hate to hear the show\'s no longer a go.

But since I am going to be in the Los Angeles area next month... Well, it\'d be a lot cheaper for me to have a copy with me than getting one sent across the Canadian border twice.

It was a golden age of daytime network television... Game Shows... Hosted by people who actually knew that the game was the star... And I wish it was still that way - both that game shows were on all morning and that they were hosted by actual game show hosts. - Bob Purse, Inches Per Second

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2013, 04:06:57 PM »

if you already bought a copy and you\'d like me to autograph it, send me a private message including your mailing address. Send me the book along with check/money order/cash only to cover the cost of mailing it back to you, and I\'ll happily sign it and pass it right back your way.

I was going to ask if it was possible to get it signed if I just so happened to see you when I attend \"America\'s Greatest Game Shows\" at Madame Tussauds next month... except I don\'t see it on the site anymore.  I\'d hate to hear the show\'s no longer a go.

The show is gone, and in the interest of continuing to have a job that\'s all I\'ll say. But I will be at the museum and I\'m not that hard to find, so go ahead and bring a copy.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2013, 04:12:37 PM »

The other advantage, to me, is the ability to treat the book like a trophy. Have it on display in your living room and it\'s a conversation starter or just a way to let a new visitor know something about you.

Personally I find it difficult to loan Kindle books, especially if the loan-ee doesn\'t have one. I can loan my hard copy of The Nerdist Way or Predictably Irrational to people who would benefit from them, but not a pile of ones-and-zeroes.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2013, 03:03:19 AM »

Wanted to come back and say that I just happened to check and it appears the Kindle version of the book had had the all-caps title issue fixed. If it\'s bothering you, delete the book from your Kindle (or other device; this worked on my Windows Phone 8 as well) and re-download it from the archive (this assumes that you have Automatic Book Update turned on, I think, although I assumed that would just update the book on the fly) and you will find that it\'s properly-cased now.

I am now pushing myself to finish up Game Change so I can start diving into this!

Bob Zager

« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2013, 09:58:32 AM »

Adam, I\'d read in the article that you have \"five other books that haven\'t been published yet.\"  I\'m curious, are they all game show related, and is it the four-volume set mentioned earlier, plus one other book?

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2013, 11:10:19 AM »

Yup. The four volume set, plus another biography. I don\'t have a title to give you for the next book, because I\'ve been trying to come up with a good one for it, and frankly, I\'m drawing a...(puts on sunglasses) blank.

BrandonFG

« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2013, 11:18:21 AM »

Adam, the article says you were on three shows...I remember your Catch 21 appearance, but I\'m also drawing a blank. What were the other two?

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2013, 11:21:25 AM »

clemon79

« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2013, 11:21:55 AM »

I\'m drawing a...(puts on sunglasses) blank.

Now this is how you do a proper tease.

/yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh