Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Whew! questions  (Read 9091 times)

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
Whew! questions
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 06:41:36 PM »

Point made.

"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

wdm1219inpenna

Whew! questions
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 07:45:33 AM »

Thank you for the answer parliboy.  I could not recall what would happen with level 6.

It saddens me that some replies have to be so terse and downright rude.  A little respect goes a long way. 

Thank you again, and God bless.

Bill

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Whew! questions
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2013, 11:28:41 AM »

A little respect goes a long way.

Respect is earned.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Bryce L.

Whew! questions
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2013, 12:42:37 PM »

It saddens me that some replies have to be so terse and downright rude.

Bill is exactly right.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 12:43:09 PM by Bryce L. »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Whew! questions
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 01:23:30 PM »
Except that he isn\'t. Chris isn\'t exactly right either; I believe humanity starts off at a basic level of respect that is earned in just by existing. As it happens Bill has managed to piss away a great deal of respect and goodwill with the sort of thing he posts here, and frequently.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

Whew! questions
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2013, 02:24:41 PM »

Well, wait a second. What exactly did he do to lose respect? While his questions may come across as off-the-wall or maybe even naive, he\'s never been disrespectful in his approach. While some posters get overly defensive or rude with their comebacks, I\'ve never noticed that from him.

Trust me, I\'ve had my words for posters that may be deemed clueless, but I think the knee-jerk reactions happen a bit too often around here sometimes.

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

carlisle96

Whew! questions
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2013, 02:37:39 PM »

Well, wait a second. What exactly did he do to lose respect? While his questions may come across as off-the-wall or maybe even naive, he\'s never been disrespectful in his approach. While some posters get overly defensive or rude with their comebacks, I\'ve never noticed that from him.

Trust me, I\'ve had my words for posters that may be deemed clueless, but I think the knee-jerk reactions happen a bit too often around here sometimes.

There\'s nothing wrong with \"off the wall\" or \"naive\" questions. As my grandfather used to say, it\'s better to ask twice than be wrong once.

Fedya

Whew! questions
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2013, 03:28:20 PM »

As my grandfather used to say, it\'s better to ask twice than be wrong once.

My grandfather used to say, \"The first time, it\'s funny; the second time, it\'s silly; the third time, you get a spanking.\"
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Whew! questions
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2013, 04:30:14 PM »

Discounting the fact that the question \"If the charger has blocked himself off on the top row but there\'s still time left, does he win?\" as baffling, and discounting the fact that he previously asked \"If your base card is an ace or two, why does the game require that you call (whatever) because it obviously can\'t be (whatever\')?\" to be so ungratefully rude to the group is uncalled for. I certainly learned my lesson, I won\'t be helping out Bill, and I\'ll discourage other people from doing the same, reminding them of Bill\'s rudeness and ungrateful stance toward everyone who doesn\'t bend over to kiss his ring.
Travis L. Eberle

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
Whew! questions
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2013, 05:53:49 PM »
As a devil\'s advocate moment:

I am part of the regular play testing of many of the board games that come from Houston.  If you wonder why a stupid-looking rule is in a game that came from here, it\'s because either I or one of my cohorts found a loophole and beat the designer over the head with it.

While I recognize that the original question doesn\'t make sense from a \"good TV\" perspective, you\'d better believe that were I play testing Whew! as a game, I\'d try to engineer a win exactly in this manner just to see what would happen.

So I have no problem with the question.  The fact that a rule had to be written in the contestant release to cover the scenario suggests that the question is, in fact, not at all silly, because they foresaw the same scenario when they wrote the game.

As to the giant slap-fight going on, whatever issues the OP has had in the past, here he asked a legitimate question, and got crapped on because of bias for past actions.  Gentlemen, if you\'re having a bad day, please change your tampons and save it for when the OP does something dumb. He won\'t learn to change poor behavior if you act the same no matter what his behavior.

edit: a word
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 05:58:46 PM by parliboy »
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Whew! questions
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2013, 07:06:12 PM »
To win the game as Charger you must correct a blooper on the sixth level. To the question \"if you run out of bloopers on the top line but still have time do you win,\" I (rather charitably, I thought) said \"What do you think?\" choosing the Socratic method instead of bringing out the sarcasm cannon. Getting the reply that we got, the lesson learned is \"never help anyone\". I will certainly be mindful of answering questions in the future lest we get more replies like that.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Whew! questions
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2013, 07:38:15 PM »

It saddens me that some replies have to be so terse and downright rude.  A little respect goes a long way. 

It saddens ME that people play the martyr card when someone points out they left the obvious answer in their question.

I find this response to be a lot ruder than anything Travis or I said and quite frankly, I\'m pissed off. Because I actually went to the effort of explaining to you why you overthought this. You want respect? Dish it out, and then you\'ll get it.

Maybe the GSN forums are more your speed, if this is going to be your attitude.

I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

carlisle96

Whew! questions
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2013, 08:14:06 PM »

As my grandfather used to say, it\'s better to ask twice than be wrong once.

My grandfather used to say, \"The first time, it\'s funny; the second time, it\'s silly; the third time, you get a spanking.\"

Well, of course my grandfather wasn\'t thinking about game shows when he gave me that advice.

wdm1219inpenna

Whew! questions
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2013, 07:43:33 AM »

My sincere apologies for causing this mess.  That was not my intention.  Having recently suffered a mild stroke, I sometimes ask or say stupid things. 

I appreciate your time and feedback, and God bless.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Whew! questions
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2013, 08:00:59 PM »
Just try not to do it again. All I ask. And just make sure you don\'t have any more of those. My grandmother had a couple minis and then two big strokes. No joke, they are.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022