Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Something big to happen on WOF this month...  (Read 14280 times)

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
Something big to happen on WOF this month...
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2013, 09:09:27 PM »

(And who\'s to say it didn\'t technically leak? If the event is a $1,000,000 win, here\'s how I imagine it went down: A random New York City audience member says, \"Cool, I just saw them give away a million dollars. And hey, here\'s a \'Wheel of Fortune\' message board. I\'ll e-mail the moderator and let them know it\'s coming up.\" And then the moderator, not wanting to spoil the result but also unable to contain himself, posts a vague message saying something big is going to happen.)

I think I can say this without directly spoiling anything -- the \"vague message\" and the associated event are not referring to the New York shows. \"The last week of shows next month (May)\" means just that.

There\'s a lot more to all this than you guys may think -- I myself only know some of it.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 12:58:21 PM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

weaklink75

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2013, 09:11:34 PM »
Here\'s a much more possible answer: Caesars is running a promotion where 20 players nationwide win $50K and a trip to Vegas, where one of the 20 picks up an additional $1 Million.

If there is a Millionaire win on the show, this is a good \"look at the shiny!\" diversion.

I don\'t think it\'s that- the original post said it happened during the last week of shows, and the contest runs two weeks.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2013, 09:23:48 PM »
There\'s a lot more to all this than you guys may think -- I myself only know some of it.

Ah, so now you fall right into \"I know something you don\'t know!\"

Don\'t ever change.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dale_grass

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2013, 11:34:51 PM »

Dun dun dunnnn!

weaklink75

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2013, 06:03:13 PM »
I think I can say this without directly spoiling anything -- the \"vague message\" and the associated event are not referring to the New York shows.

Hmm....I\'m wondering now if we might be hearing about a retirement of one or more major people in front of the camera and/or behind the scenes after the 2013-2014 season- That would certainly qualify as big news..(The show\'s contracted until 2016, so it\'s not ending)..or they\'re going to put the million dollar envelope on the Bonus Wheel permamently as of next season- no jumping through hoops to have the chance to win it, it\'s there every night..

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 06:12:30 PM by weaklink75 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2013, 07:08:18 PM »

It would also be big news if:

• Production of the show moved to Mule\'s Crotch, North Dakota

• Format of the show changes to \"a game of definitions\"

• A sumo wrestler came out to take a huge dump on the middle of the Wheel right before the Final Spin

In other words, utterly random conjecture isn\'t interesting, and is only keeping Dan bouncing up and down in his little chair.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2013, 07:09:02 PM »

The $100,000 is won pretty often, my guess is at least 2-3 times a season. I doubt they\'ll make the million bucks that easy to win. As I said earlier, as much as I dislike the idea of Million Dollar Hangman, at least Wheel does make you work for the money.

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

J.R.

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2013, 07:22:05 PM »

Rolf Benirschke comes back.

-Joe Raygor

weaklink75

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2013, 08:23:13 PM »
The $100,000 is won pretty often, my guess is at least 2-3 times a season. I doubt they\'ll make the million bucks that easy to win. As I said earlier, as much as I dislike the idea of Million Dollar Hangman, at least Wheel does make you work for the money.

It might be a ratings ploy though- Feud\'s been sneaking up on both Wheel and J! the past couple of years...maybe they don\'t put it on automatically, but cut some of the steps out to get it in the bonus round (say eliminate some of the risk of losing it- you can lose it during the round when you landed on it by hitting Bankrupt, but if you can solve the puzzle that round, the million dollar envelope is in the Bonus Round if you get there regardless of what happens in later rounds).

ten96lt

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2013, 12:31:19 PM »

Or maybe for a week they automatically put the million on the bonus wheel (big money week or something like that)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2013, 12:42:40 PM »
Rolf Benirschke comes back.

No, they\'re trying to give us a reason to watch:)

Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2013, 12:49:16 PM »
Or maybe for a week they put the million on the bonus wheel
Why not? The idea of winning a big prize on a game show is nearly commonplace.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2013, 05:10:28 PM »
The only reason Feud is sneaking up is because of the obligatory dick jokes or those of the same ilk. The momentum isn\'t going to last.

Besides, even with the improved ratings aren\'t they still at least half of what the big two pull in?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BrandonFG

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2013, 05:17:43 PM »
The only reason Feud is sneaking up is because of the obligatory dick jokes or those of the same ilk. The momentum isn\'t going to last.

Besides, even with the improved ratings aren\'t they still at least half of what the big two pull in?

The most recent report from TV By the Numbers has Wheel at a 6.5, Jeopardy! at 5.9, Feud at 4.6.

Steve Harvey\'s presence and increased popularity helps, but I think it\'s only a matter of time before the dick jokes get old for other viewers. At least, I really hope viewers aren\'t so desperate for outrageous toilet humor that they\'re watching Family Feud to get their daily quota.

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2013, 09:36:13 AM »

Maybe Wheel will fight back by putting innuendo in their puzzles too.

Bobby Peacock