Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Barker stuff donated to his alma mater...  (Read 4162 times)

Terry K

Barker stuff donated to his alma mater...
« on: May 10, 2013, 06:00:23 AM »

Barker\'s been back to Springfield, MO and donating stuff including one of his Emmys and money.. http://www.news-leader.com/article/20130509/NEWS01/305090086/-1/7daysarchives/TV-star-Bob-Barker-donates-100-000-Drury

In related news, Jerry Springer is coming to town to do TPIR live in Branson. 

Make your own jokes.

Mr. Brown

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 12:18:24 AM »
Who the hell is that handsome devil in the seersucker suit in the right portion of the screen at 2 minutes?

/My boss got one of his Emmys.

//It\'s on her bookshelf.
Cheers,
Mr. Brown, Esq.
‎"I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body." -Charlie Sheen

tvwxman

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 02:23:05 PM »
Barker\'s been back to Springfield, MO and donating stuff including one of his Emmys and money.. http://www.news-leader.com/article/20130509/NEWS01/305090086/-1/7daysarchives/TV-star-Bob-Barker-donates-100-000-Drury

In related news, Jerry Springer is coming to town to do TPIR live in Branson. 

Make your own jokes.

I\'ve worked with Jerry on Price - he\'s very good. And his name recognition gets large crowds. No jokes need to be made.

-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 02:55:31 PM »

Matt, about 3 months ago, Jerry hosted a show about 40 minutes away (Newport News, Va.). Were you at that particular show? I unfortunately couldn\'t make it.

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

bwood

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 03:18:30 PM »

I saw Jerry at the Wheeling, WV TPIR Live show. He was surprisingly good. He was funny and seemed to care about the contestants. You could tell at times he wasn\'t sure of a couple format technicalities but he took it all in stride and joked that \"he had no idea what he was doing\" (even though he had done the Live show before). It was a good time.

Saw the Columbus, Ohio live show last week. We had Mark L Walberg. He was pretty good as well.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 07:32:46 PM »
You know, even if his talk show scrapes the bottom of the barrel, you can\'t really say Springer isn\'t a competent emcee. I thought he did a decent job at America\'s Got Talent and he does just as good if not better on Baggage.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 09:38:48 PM »
You know, even if his talk show scrapes the bottom of the barrel, you can\'t really say Springer isn\'t a competent emcee. I thought he did a decent job at America\'s Got Talent and he does just as good if not better on Baggage.

If you get a chance, check him out hosting UK Greed in the early 2000s. I liked him there too.

Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 11:51:55 PM »
I\'ve been wanting to see that.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022