Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud: What Happened  (Read 18820 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Family Feud: What Happened
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 12:14:34 PM »
Nah, I think that title still goes to \"not enough points\" and doing everything they can to avoid having to do a sixth question...except that was (is?) quarter-assed at best.
Of course you do.
Travis L. Eberle

Gameshowguy89

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2013, 11:30:25 AM »

What happened was that from 1999-2010 there weren\'t many funny Family Feud moments and the show was still living in Richard Dawson\'s shadow. When Steve Harvey started hosting, he started chewing contestants out for rotten answers and is funniest host since 1999. Harvey had more funny moments than all of the 3 previous hosts combined and that alone made Family Feud go from \"is that show still on?\" to \"Family Feud is on and it\'s hilarious!\". Some of the humor became forced after some \"Feud Moments\" became a hit on Youtube. Because of this nearly every Round 1 in question in the 2011-2012 season was sexual. Some were funny, but most of it became a sad grab for youtube hits. It does seemed to be less desperate for forced humor in the 2012-2013.

This is a bit tangential, but we\'re talking about Harvey Feud at length and I absolutely need to say this:

I hate, hate, HATE how they use the \'80s-style theme music for the current show. Hate it. It sounds completely out of place for such a modern-looking production, almost like a self-parody. They had a nondescript, up-tempo theme for years that actually worked for the current production, and the decision to go back to the old music to this day annoys the hell out of me.

I especially hate how it\'s used for face-offs. It\'s choppy and amateurish - I envision a kid at middle-school talent show hovering over a tape deck, artlessly playing a chunk of a song and trying to stop the tape at the precisely right moment to prevent any unnecessary notes from coming out. That\'s how it sounds.

Are you kidding me? The original theme music is just as much part of Family Feud as the sound effects. The only problems I see with the original theme is that it\'s edited just as bad as that generic techno junk from 1999-2008. I hate how the main theme is used for a face-off cue and how \"the game win\" cue is used; to end the host intro, for coming back from commercial, and for winning a non-game win round. The latter should be remedied by use the bell sound effect (the one still used in fast money) to signify a winning a non-game win round. Heck they even used it on Louie Anderson\'s version.

I wouldn\'t mind some updates to the original music. The show used a remixed fiddle face-off cue and the fiddle/electric guitar hybrid cue in the 2002-2003 season and theres a version of \"The Feud\" theme with a techno beat added in. They should use that music for the current episodes, it would be better than going back to some generic techno junk. I hate, hate, HATE that crappy generic techno junk they used from 1999-2008.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2013, 03:30:26 PM »
 Harvey had more funny moments than all of the 3 previous hosts combined and that alone made Family Feud go from \"is that show still on?\" to \"Family Feud is on and it\'s hilarious!\".

Channeling the Bill Cosby Funny Surprised Face was starting to get old when *Bill Cosby* was still doing it.

Are you kidding me?

No, he\'s not. The way the cue has been edited to use on every. part. of. the. show. sounds like crap. Which appears to be a point you agree with.

So, no, Not kidding.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2013, 03:50:09 PM »
Sigh. Welcome aboard, FNG.
Travis L. Eberle

Gameshowguy89

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2013, 11:14:41 AM »

Clemon79 said:

No, he\'s not. The way the cue has been edited to use on every. part. of. the. show. sounds like crap. Which appears to be a point you agree with.

So, no, Not kidding.

That we agree on, but I don\'t agree the that techno crap that they had used worked better. The techno crap was just as repeatative as using the same part of the 1988 theme over and over and just terrible terrible music altogether. The decision to go back to the 1988 theme doesn\'t annoy me because I\'d rather hear a butchered edit of good music than techno crap anyday.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2013, 01:35:24 PM »
The decision to go back to the 1988 theme doesn\'t annoy me because I\'d rather hear a butchered edit of good music than techno crap anyday.

Well, you\'re entitled to your opinion, but I think the rest of us would prefer to hear an actual for-purpose music *package* that a single cue that sounds like it\'s been whizzed about in a Cuisinart.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Gameshowguy89

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2013, 06:45:31 PM »
Well, you\'re entitled to your opinion, but I think the rest of us would prefer to hear an actual for-purpose music *package* that a single cue that sounds like it\'s been whizzed about in a Cuisinart.

Well I said I didn\'t like how the original theme was edited and that I\'d like them to use the additional cues to go along with it, so, yeah, I\'d perfer an actual music package as well.