Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Chase Ordered for GSN, Plus Programs In Development  (Read 40017 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
The Chase Ordered for GSN, Plus Programs In Development
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2013, 03:32:00 AM »
I am making the assumption that if he makes bad television he would be replaced faster than the Music Geek that nobody remembers because he was replaced, not to mention however much he values his reputation as a quizzing genius.

Were the American Gladiators playing for their salary? No, they had a reputation and image to uphold, and I assume they didn\'t like being shown up by the contenders. And if the Gladiators didn\'t provide a good show (how about that) they were back to the bodybuilding circuit or selling used cars or whatever.
Travis L. Eberle

Brig Bother

« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2013, 05:40:05 AM »
Oh that\'s quite interesting, I just assumed the producers had a chat with him before he comes on each time with numbers to throw out.

pacdude

« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2013, 08:44:12 AM »

EDIT: I know nothing.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 06:34:42 PM by pacdude »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2013, 11:22:35 AM »

I don\'t know if Mark has any input on *what* he offers.

Okay, I had it in my head that he was making that decision, and I don\'t know why, because there\'s every likelihood that when he\'s in the wings waiting to walk down the C Of Doom the producers are giving him the numbers and he\'s just the messenger. That would make *a ton* more sense to me.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

pacdude

« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2013, 11:29:01 AM »

« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 06:34:48 PM by pacdude »

clemon79

« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2013, 12:27:46 PM »

So (in the US) do they shoot all three quickfire rounds at once, and then the individual Chases, and splice it all together after the fact? That would make sense, and would be hilarious to watch Mark finish a Chase, get up, walk down the hallway, and then turn right around and come back. :)

pacdude

« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2013, 01:34:30 PM »

« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 06:34:56 PM by pacdude »

clemon79

« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2013, 02:14:54 PM »

No, not at all. It\'s shot in order, because the bank accumulates and is mentioned when deliberating what offers to take. 

Okay, but the only reason this would need to be so is if they showed the podium (with the current state of the bank) during the quickfire rounds, and from what I saw, the way they block it, that would be pretty easy to get around.

weaklink75

« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2013, 02:43:48 PM »

The commercial said $250,000, so I\'m assuming the producers are using that as a theoretical maximum all the possible offers combined will end up being.

And how many wins do you think they\'ll end up having? Based on Mark\'s record (according to Wikipedia, he\'s 87-34 overall which is actually third out of the four UK chasers), 2 wins out of 8 seem likely, though I wonder how he\'ll do on US-based pop culture or sports questions...

« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 02:47:28 PM by weaklink75 »

Unrealtor

« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2013, 10:51:00 PM »

What I kind of fear is that they\'re going to force a possible payout of $250,000 for every game by making the last one-step-closer offer be the 250 grand minus the other two offers. Although if they keep with the British habit of putting the people the producers think are the strongest players first, it may not matter that much.

"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

clemon79

« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2013, 11:14:46 PM »

What I kind of fear is that they\'re going to force a possible payout of $250,000 for every game by making the last one-step-closer offer be the 250 grand minus the other two offers.

Why the hell would you think this would even be close to the case?

pacdude

« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2013, 11:52:34 PM »

What I kind of fear is that they\'re going to force a possible payout of $250,000 for every game by making the last one-step-closer offer be the 250 grand minus the other two offers. Although if they keep with the British habit of putting the people the producers think are the strongest players first, it may not matter that much.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 06:35:36 PM by pacdude »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2013, 11:56:01 PM »
\"Up to\" does not mean \"available every time, or possibly won each time,\" cf Million Dollar Password/Power of Ten.
Travis L. Eberle

Unrealtor

« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2013, 10:33:51 AM »

What I kind of fear is that they\'re going to force a possible payout of $250,000 for every game by making the last one-step-closer offer be the 250 grand minus the other two offers.

Why the hell would you think this would even be close to the case?

Because far too many game show producers in the last 15 years think that audiences won\'t be interested unless you keep talking up how vast the sums of money are that the contestants could at least theoretically win and that\'s the only way I could think, reasonably or unreasonably, to guarantee that the $250,000 that they\'re promoting is on the table every episode. I probably should have given a little more thought to what the prize budget for a GSN show would be and realized that it was pretty unlikely.

"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

clemon79

« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2013, 01:14:29 PM »

I probably should have given a little more thought to what the prize budget for a GSN show would be and realized that it was pretty unlikely.

No, you probably should have given a little more thought to the notion that offering that kind of money to the third player COMPLETELY BREAKS THE FORMAT.

I mean, there\'s broken, and there\'s even-Dylan-Lane-can-see-it\'s-broken.