Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel - What Are You Doing?  (Read 1645 times)

brianhenke

Wheel - What Are You Doing?
« on: March 15, 2013, 11:35:44 PM »

This week, Wheel of Fortune had a What Are You Doing? puzzle every day, with two on tonight\'s show. (There were two on a show just last week.)

Why does Wheel keep on putting this category down our proverbial throats? I mean, the puzzle (with an exception of a few exceptions) has a gerund (that is, -ING) in it. Besides, we haven\'t seen such categories like Headline or Best Seller in a while.

I wouldn\'t mind if WAYD? is on once or twice in a week, but having it on six times is just too much.

Brian

Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

chad1m

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 11:54:11 PM »
   Why does Wheel keep on putting this category down our proverbial throats?

Because it\'s easy to write down an action you\'d perform in a topical area with this category?

Simmer down, kiddo.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 11:57:59 PM »
I would have gone with \'Because HEMORRHOID CREAM would make for a lousy Prize Puzzle, but I\'m a weirdo like that.

I notice that while Brian is stomping around with his outrage boots on he bothered to watch all five episodes and keep track of what categories showed up. So there\'s that.
Travis L. Eberle

brianhenke

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 12:23:57 AM »

BTW, someone at the Buy A Vowel boards said tonight\'s show was the 10,000th episode (counting daytime and nighttime) in Wheel\'s US history.

Brian

Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 01:09:44 AM »

Because it means the writers have to do less work. Harry Friedman stated in a recent interview with Jason Block that he has final approval on all puzzles submitted, so he\'s ultimately responsible.

(Clarification per said interview, to avoid ambiguity: the process is that the staff comes up with puzzles, which Rob Roman [sp?] presents to Karen Griffith. The two of them give the puzzles one pass-through before giving it to Harry for additions, deletions, or suggestions before it goes to the studio. All the puzzles are on disc.)

« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 01:09:20 PM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

J.R.

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 02:28:29 AM »

Because it means the writers have to do less work. Harry Friedman stated in a recent interview with Jason Block that he has final approval on all puzzles, so he\'s ultimately responsible.

That dastardly Friedman has struck again. Denying work to those puzzle writers.

They should strike.

-Joe Raygor

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 08:37:12 AM »

Nice picket signs:  __N  STR__K__!   Or: HA__ __ Y  __N-FA__ __  TO  P __ Z Z L __  W__ __ T__ __ S!