Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Change on Let's Ask America-someone other than Kevin  (Read 1618 times)

brianhenke

Change on Let's Ask America-someone other than Kevin
« on: January 14, 2013, 07:39:38 PM »

For this week\'s shows, they have added some woman named Katie Daryl to reveal the right answers.

That is dumb. Kevin should reveal the answers.

Brian

Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 02:59:04 AM »

Why is it dumb that a game show has someone revealing answers?

I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 12:24:27 PM »
Why is it dumb that a game show has someone revealing answers?

I agree, though unfortunately I don\'t think Brian will bother to respond. Other than the lack of sound effect to reveal an answer, I pine for the days of the physical reveal in the fashion of Family Feud.

Travis L. Eberle

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 05:40:13 PM »
   For this week\'s shows, they have added some woman named Katie Daryl to reveal the right answers.

That is dumb. Kevin should reveal the answers.

Brian

It could just be change for the sake of change.

It could also be something that they\'ve already altered. Game shows have a tendency to make tweaks after the first taping date if things don\'t work out as planned, and syndies often run their episodes out of order. Thus, Katie Daryl could have been an idea that worked well on paper (or in a dressing room), but didn\'t translate so well to television, but because of both reasons above, you\'re just now seeing the first batch of episodes taped.

I remember when Feud first went back to the classic set in 2006. For the first week or two of taped episodes, they went full on classic and eliminated the scoreboards on the family podiums. Unfortunately, nobody told the director that to make the classic board scoreboards work, the camera angles would have to get changed. Thus, the family scoreboards were re-added. Anybody who had an out-of-order run would have only seen the original setup halfway through the season, and thought those podium scoreboards were eliminated.

Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

WhammyPower

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 05:59:53 PM »

Or like Bergeron Squares in the early days...

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 07:47:37 PM »
I remember when Feud first went back to the classic set in 2006. For the first week or two of taped episodes, they went full on classic and eliminated the scoreboards on the family podiums. Unfortunately, nobody told the director that to make the classic board scoreboards work, the camera angles would have to get changed. Thus, the family scoreboards were re-added.
Instead of, oh I don't know, telling the director to shoot things differently? Re-adding the scoreboards in front of the families kinda defeats the purpose of wanting to use the ones on the centerpiece (survey board?).

Another example: Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego? Sure it aired every season out of order (which continued to Time), but only Season 1 was really affected by that since they changed the scoring system after the first two tapings.

[EDIT 5/16/15: Fixed broken formatting.]
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 02:29:14 AM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

brianhenke

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 11:58:03 PM »

I did see an episode this week, and it was back to normal...

Brian

Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?