Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What's Your Christmas Wish?  (Read 5156 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
What's Your Christmas Wish?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 11:24:26 PM »
Can we do complete fantasy, then? I'd love to be able to smell again. That'd be nice.
Solution:  Don't wear deodorant.

/WHAT?!

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 11:39:31 PM »
I'd like to co-host TPIR like some lucky celebrity will get to do.

I'd also like a panel show (preferably TTTT so it can continue its decade streak) to hit the airwaves somewhere.

Oh and some of this.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 11:43:24 PM »
Can we do complete fantasy, then? I'd love to be able to smell again. That'd be nice.
Solution:  Don't wear deodorant
What's sad/awkward is that I'm left to ask very understanding family members and friends for assistance with That. No amount of driving through Tacoma makes up for that.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 11:43:42 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

J.R.

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 11:53:54 PM »
-Joe Raygor

SuperMatch93

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2012, 12:19:06 AM »
World peac- I mean, Let's Ask America getting picked up by a Chicago station.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

TimK2003

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2012, 07:58:13 AM »
My wish is to have some other TV network outlet (cable channel. or digital sub-channel) "experiment" with adding some game show reruns again, so that GSN is not the only network for old game shows anymore.

I'd love to see someone like MeTV incorporate a couple of celebrity-driven shows into their line-up, like Match Game or Tattletales, and show GSN that there IS still a lot of interest for the game shows of the 50s, 60s & 70s.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 08:06:34 AM by TimK2003 »

DrBear

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2012, 12:16:57 PM »
An assurance that my wife and I will have a place to live on Jan. 1.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

aaron sica

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2012, 01:24:40 PM »
For all the clueless idjits to go back to the GSN board where they belong.

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2012, 02:53:25 PM »
I yearn for the days when game show contestants could have been your next door neighbor, when game shows weren't "cast" to within an inch of their lives; when you didn't need a sob story, long lost relative or some hook around which the show would build a narrative.

Jeopardy!, Wheel, and Price still seem to pick "ordinary people" for the most part.

Just average folks who enjoyed the game, were good at whatever the skills tested were and people who you wanted to root for instead of wanting to throttle.

Again, Jeopardy!, Wheel, and Pr— okay, maybe not always "good at whatever the skills tested were" on the latter two.
Bobby Peacock

Mr. Matté

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2012, 03:40:33 PM »
I want the old Youtube layout back. The one their monkeys implemented yesterday is really awful.

And like n00bs here, they bitch about it for two days and say they'll never use it again, but come right back within minutes.

OBGameShow: To the really great uploaders who post their game show collections for all to see, I want to extend a very heart-felt thanks and hope that the idiots who pester you don't detract from those who are truly grateful for your service.

aaron sica

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2012, 03:42:44 PM »
OBGameShow: To the really great uploaders who post their game show collections for all to see, I want to extend a very heart-felt thanks and hope that the idiots who pester you don't detract from those who are truly grateful for your service.

Here, here. I will admit I do miss the old pre-credit crunch/fee plug GSN but it's very nice to know that I can go on YT to get that fix of just about any of the old network game shows I can think of. Count me grateful, too.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 04:02:12 PM »
I want the old Youtube layout back. The one their monkeys implemented yesterday is really awful.
It's really not hideous, but I do wish they would get around to dumping Flash in favor of HTML5.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TimK2003

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2012, 05:02:38 PM »
I yearn for the days when game show contestants could have been your next door neighbor, when game shows weren't "cast" to within an inch of their lives; when you didn't need a sob story, long lost relative or some hook around which the show would build a narrative.

Jeopardy!, Wheel, and Price still seem to pick "ordinary people" for the most part.

I'm not really sure if those three really pick "ordinary people" the way they did in their 70's incarnations.  I don't think they had as many braniacs during Flemings run, the first several years of Barker's TPIR was older, more behaved and well dressed, and in the early days of Wheel, the contestants weren't screaming like they do now.  It's just we have had these modern day contestants for so long, society has accepted them as a whole as "ordinary".  Us forum-ers know otherwise.  

I will say that out of the three, the average "J' contestant is the closest to ordinary, IMHO.

Fedya

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2012, 06:31:10 PM »
It's really not hideous, but I do wish they would get around to dumping Flash in favor of HTML5.
As I said over in the Off-Topic Adventure, they got rid of "sort by date", which I do find kind of irritating.  (You can filter by date, but that doesn't put the remaining results in chronological order.)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

DjohnsonCB

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2012, 07:04:16 PM »
I hope someone ponies up whatever bucks it takes to convert the two-inch quad tapes of "Spin-Off" to whatever format GSN uses today so it will become more attractive to them for rerunning. (Hear that, Powerball winners?)  Yes, I know, everyone here says there are only 50 shows (I think there are a couple of extra weeks worth), but didn't we just recently see a thread about GSN leasing only 50 eps of a couple GS's?
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel