Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Feud Theme  (Read 1345 times)

erica

Feud Theme
« on: November 27, 2012, 04:14:01 AM »
Okay Feud fanatics, I need help finding a certain 76 Feud Faceoff cue.  I have a membership to the theme museum, but can't seem to find a certain cue anywhere.  Here is a youtube link the cue is at the 11:54 mark.  You have to listen closely as there is a lot of cheering in the background.  Perhaps it's at the museum and if so, which cue number is it at?  Thanks all!

It's at Youtube Search Family Feud nighttime and it's the 1977 one.  Cue is at the 11:54 mark...thank you if you can help me!

webberm73

Feud Theme
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 08:54:36 PM »
Good luck. The TVPMM only has the "updated" '88 cues. The whole harmonica face-off cue is still out there somewhere and that's my last score (pardon the pun)!

dale_grass

Feud Theme
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 10:42:49 PM »
Without doing the requisite legwork to find the cut (rather than clicking on a conveniently-posted link), I'll assume it's the guitar face-off cue she's requested in the past.  Terry apparently doesn't have the '76 package, only a mislabeled '88 package.  The '76 package does exist: the rhodes-heavy leadless version of the theme was used during the montage/history portions of Family Feud on Game Show Marathon.  Here are three cues from the early days of Feud, uploaded by some poor sap with an unhealthy obsession:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmYpPQiyXTE[/media]
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 10:44:33 PM by dale_grass »

webberm73

Feud Theme
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 10:49:42 PM »
Wow. I had never heard the Rhodes version. Thanks for posting this. Trust me, it's not an unhealthy obsession!

erica

Feud Theme
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 10:57:57 PM »
That would be it.  Thanks!!

BrandonFG

Feud Theme
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 11:06:20 PM »
While the Youtube clips are cool, I must admit I'm a little bummed that the TVPMM cues are indeed from the 1988 package. IMO, the electronic drum backing doesn't hold a candle to the percussion used in the original theme and cues. It doesn't ruin '88 theme for me, but the original just flows so much better. The "remastered" version sounds..."cheapened" in a way.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!