Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Straddled ends  (Read 4144 times)

Matt Ottinger

Straddled ends
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2003, 12:41:06 PM »
[quote name=\'HYHYBT\' date=\'Dec 20 2003, 07:01 AM\']
Why must you guys continue to feed this guys information knowledge? He never has said "thank you", and his requests always seem to be open-ended.

These (very) open-ended questions have led so far only to very interesting threads. [/quote]
Precisely.  I'm no fan of the open-ended questions myself (and I used my moderator's privilege to spread GSNStooge's questions out over several days) but if people want to respond, and the result is more game show conversations, I really don't see who's being harmed.  Sure, if there were a glut of them clogging up the forums, that would be different.  But we're a long way from that right now.

I don't know if it's the pressure of the holidays or something, but the last few days have brought with them a lot more posts-about-posts and criticisms of fellow members that have nothing to do with game show discussion.  Everybody needs to take a deep breath, drink some egg nog and sing a carol or something.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2003, 12:41:46 PM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

ChuckNet

Straddled ends
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2003, 01:21:39 PM »
I don't know if it's the pressure of the holidays or something, but the last few days have brought with them a lot more posts-about-posts and criticisms of fellow members that have nothing to do with game show discussion. Everybody needs to take a deep breath, drink some egg nog and sing a carol or something.

Amen to that...and am I the only one who's noticed that whenever the topic of "GS pre-emptions for news coverage" turns up, the thread becomes dangerously close to something resembling what we came here to get away from on ATGS?

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")
« Last Edit: December 21, 2003, 01:21:58 PM by ChuckNet »