Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Inside the last TTTT in New York  (Read 1477 times)

DrBear

Inside the last TTTT in New York
« on: October 18, 2012, 11:31:39 AM »
Very interesting story by a contestant who was on the last TTTT7X done in New York - a very honest and rather fond remembrance of not only his appearance but the era of game shows in the Big Apple.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 11:46:20 AM »
Nice indeed.  Hard to imagine sneaking onto the SNL set nowadays.
czambo@mac.com

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 11:55:09 AM »
I always love reading contestant pieces. This one beautifully illustrated a different era, not just for game shows, but NYC in general. Great article, thanks for sharing!
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 11:55:12 AM »
I was JUST coming over here to post this link!  Figured you guys would be on top of it.  Really interesting article, and a neat juxtaposition of the end of one era and the beginning of another, told by somebody just old enough to appreciate it.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BillCullen1

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 01:41:37 PM »
I was at that final taping of TTTT. I remember Joe G. signing off by saying it's "a special goodbye, one that's known only to us." After the last taping, I saw Garry Moore getting in an elevator going up to what I assume was a "wrap up" party. That left Pyramid in NYC on ABC which taped till 1980. Cullen hosted the short-lived Pass The Buck which came from the Sullivan theater. Then he relocated to CA to start work on Love Experts. TTTT would come back in 1980 with a faster format and rotating celebs. Cullen, Cass and Carlisle were on but all three were never on the same week.

geno57

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 03:15:13 AM »
A fascinating story!  I miss the NYC games.

KWJCDon

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 02:45:28 PM »
Excellent read!!  :-)