Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TV Shows Which Gave Us...  (Read 3816 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TV Shows Which Gave Us...
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2012, 11:10:36 PM »
Is it just me, or does this thread no longer match the subject?
I know you're not new here.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 10:09:49 AM »
"Get Smart," sort of. I know Don Adams did "Win, Lose, or Draw" in the late 80's, at least, and hosted his own short-lived show ("Don Adams' Screen Test").  Barbara Feldon appeared on "The $64,000 Question," apparently, though as a contestant and obviously before she became famous. Dick Gautier (Hymie) and Bernie Kopell (Seigfried) did quite a few game shows, of course.
Let us not forget Barbara's appearances on the 10 and 20K Pyramids in the 70s.

You don't forget the celebrity on the right half of "Accurate Inaccuracy."
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 03:01:31 PM »
Is it just me, or does this thread no longer match the subject?  The subhead specifies "regulars," but as it goes on, many of the celebs listed were hardly regular faces on any game show (Werner Klemperer?  Ja'net DuBois?  Jill Whelan?).

I'll throw in my suggestion:  The Dick Van Dyke Show gave us both Rose Marie and Morey Amsterdam as future Hollywood Squares regulars.
Werner was on syndie WML a few weeks a year. If you check imdb, you'll see he did quite a few game shows in the early '70s.  I'm old enough to remember seeing him more often than somebody younger might.  In what could be called an ironic coincidence, you could tune into NBC and CBS at 11:30 am in the late '60s and see Rose Marie and Morey Amsterdam either on HS or DVD reruns.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 03:27:18 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.