Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Chuck Woolery sighting  (Read 6505 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Chuck Woolery sighting
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2003, 06:32:57 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Dec 16 2003, 04:14 PM\'] And I realized that TWI actually produced the show and Summer's a free-lance, but it seems to me that she wouldn't be on CBS if she wanted to do the 2004 Olympics for NBC--or perhaps she doesn't want to be the swimming commentator and has already decided that Melissa Stark has already got whatever female hosting jobs are available for the Peacock Network (with Hannah Storm over at CBS now).
 [/quote]
 All network affiliations pretty much go out the window when the Olympics roll around anymore. Consider: Gary Thorne and Bill Clement called the US hockey games at Salt Lake in 2002, and they're normally Disney property. It wouldn't surprise me to find Bob Ley calling the soccer in Athens, or Dick Stockton working in some capacity....
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Chuck Woolery sighting
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2003, 02:51:07 AM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Dec 15 2003, 03:51 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 15 2003, 03:33 PM\'] Matt and Chris, as the folks who pay the bills, have chosen not to fund an off-topic forum. This is their right, they're not gonna change their minds, and the sooner you folks accept this the better off you will be. [/quote]
When you consider that some of the folks here have journals at livejournal.com (me included), that seems to be a good compromise. Meeting folks in here (and at ATGS and EZBoard) drew me to LJ and I've enjoyed learning more about them. Besides; Matt and Chris did buy the bat and ball, not to mention the sandlot, and they get to set the rules. Pontificate about game shows here; pontificate about the rest of the world elsewhere. (Not to say I've always followed that rule myself).

And as for NASCAR being for "drunks:"
1. My wife, who got me hooked on it, has had maybe three drinks in her entire life
2. I don't drink because of diabetes
3. The NASCAR drivers were recently at the White House. I thought George W. had given up the booze.

OBGameShow: Considering the success of the "outrageous game show moments" blooper show and others of that ilk, why not an all-blooper channel? [/quote]
 Reading this made me think of something else.  Is it possible to add:
A)A Live Jorunal button, similar to the "ICQ" or "WWW" buttons, or B)A directory for those who wish to share their live journals?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

Chuck Woolery sighting
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2003, 12:08:50 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Dec 22 2003, 12:51 AM\'] A)A Live Jorunal button, similar to the "ICQ" or "WWW" buttons, or B)A directory for those who wish to share their live journals? [/quote]
 I'd think the way to do this would be to either a) link it to the WWW button, or b) put it in your signature. I lean towards b) because it would give you greater flexibility...they could hit the WWW button to go to your page, or hit the link in your sig to go to LiveJournal.

Or you could be l33t like me and combine the two ;)

tommycharles

Chuck Woolery sighting
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2003, 12:25:00 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 22 2003, 12:08 PM\']

Or you could be l33t like me and combine the two ;) [/quote]
 Hang on a minute - ignorant person here! What in the world does l33t mean??

clemon79

Chuck Woolery sighting
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2003, 12:54:24 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Dec 22 2003, 10:25 AM\'] Hang on a minute - ignorant person here! What in the world does l33t mean?? [/quote]
 It's a HaX0riZaTiOn ("hackerization") of the word "elite".

Picture two 12-year-old AOLers comparing how cool they are. :)

tommycharles

Chuck Woolery sighting
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2003, 03:07:35 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 22 2003, 12:54 PM\'] [quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Dec 22 2003, 10:25 AM\'] Hang on a minute - ignorant person here! What in the world does l33t mean?? [/quote]
It's a HaX0riZaTiOn ("hackerization") of the word "elite".

Picture two 12-year-old AOLers comparing how cool they are. :) [/quote]
 Ah.

Nerd. ;-)