Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Pyramid  (Read 72273 times)

BrandonFG

The Pyramid
« Reply #150 on: August 01, 2012, 09:09:16 AM »
The thing I can see going wrong is if The Pyramid does anything like the Osmond version did: weird taping schedule
What the hell does this have to do with anything?
According to someone on either ATGS (when it was good) or here, the Osmond version would the front games all at once followed by the Winner's Circle rounds. And I distinctly remember reading that it took hours for a single taping session and the warmup guy sucked.

Not like they showed the audience on-camera, anyway...
If "Donnymid" was being discussed, ATGS was nowhere near good. The mass migration away was right after the show premiered.

That being said, that fact sounds familiar. But again, you keep cowering in fear that "New Pyramid" is going to suck, despite the fact that more and more things show otherwise.

/I did see the "Donnymid" audience once
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Stevek83

The Pyramid
« Reply #151 on: August 01, 2012, 09:22:26 AM »
I saw the audience several times on donnymid. Usually it was right before the winners circle round began, as the contestant told Donny who he/she brought with them to the show.

catnap1972

The Pyramid
« Reply #152 on: August 01, 2012, 09:25:48 AM »
I'm also wondering if we're going to see the anal-retentive judging that plagued Donnymid.  Hope there's not going to be more "Nuh uh...that said 'THINGS A PICKUP TRUCK WOULD SAY' and you only said 'WHAT A TRUCK SAYS' "
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 09:26:03 AM by catnap1972 »

tvmitch

The Pyramid
« Reply #153 on: August 01, 2012, 09:37:32 AM »
Talking about the D-list celebs, I can rattle off several names of celebrities who appeared on earlier Pyramid versions - and the only reason I know their names is because they were on Pyramid. Perhaps names like Shelley Smith and Brian Mitchell were better known in their respective decades for something other than Pyramid, I don't know.

Just a thought.
You should follow me on Twitter

SamJ93

The Pyramid
« Reply #154 on: August 01, 2012, 11:56:43 AM »
Access Hollywood now has a couple of video interviews from the set, one with Mike Richards and another (under "related videos") of Community's Yvette Nicole Brown and Danny Pudi (VERY excited to see them as celebs!).

Honestly--and I am far from a TPiR fanboi, and actually enjoy his production of LMaD--Richards comes off as off-putting in the video, like he's only pretending to be happy and excited.  Maybe it's just me, though...
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
The Pyramid
« Reply #155 on: August 01, 2012, 01:47:14 PM »
and actually enjoy his production of LMaD
Hey guys! We found the one!
Travis L. Eberle

Clay Zambo

The Pyramid
« Reply #156 on: August 01, 2012, 04:41:33 PM »
Man, is that floor shiny!
czambo@mac.com

BillCullen1

The Pyramid
« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2012, 05:14:50 PM »
Talking about the D-list celebs, I can rattle off several names of celebrities who appeared on earlier Pyramid versions - and the only reason I know their names is because they were on Pyramid. Perhaps names like Shelley Smith and Brian Mitchell were better known in their respective decades for something other than Pyramid, I don't know.

Just a thought.

Brian Mitchell was on Trapper John M.D. and Shelly Smith was on a short-lived early '80s sitcom called The Associates, which also starred Martin Short and Wilfrid Hyde-White.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 05:22:52 PM by BillCullen1 »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
The Pyramid
« Reply #158 on: August 01, 2012, 06:08:22 PM »

Just a thought.
and Shelly Smith was on a short-lived early '80s sitcom called The Associates, which also starred Martin Short and Wilfrid Hyde-White.
I believe that was Mitch's point.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

snowpeck

The Pyramid
« Reply #159 on: August 01, 2012, 08:22:03 PM »
On a repeat that aired recently on GSN, Henry Polic noted that people were recognizing him on the street... but not for his theater work or for Webster, but for Pyramid.  I think that says a lot about Pyramid's 1980s regulars.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
The Pyramid
« Reply #160 on: August 01, 2012, 08:49:27 PM »
I think that says a lot about Webster.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
The Pyramid
« Reply #161 on: August 01, 2012, 08:57:30 PM »
Funny thing was that I watched Webster a lot as a kid...I never remember seeing Henry Polic II at all.

(is Webster even airing anywhere anymore?)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Vahan_Nisanian

The Pyramid
« Reply #162 on: August 01, 2012, 08:58:58 PM »
I think Henry was more of a recurring guest star on Webster than a regular cast member.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 09:01:30 PM by gameshowlover87 »

tvmitch

The Pyramid
« Reply #163 on: August 02, 2012, 04:52:12 PM »

and Shelly Smith was on a short-lived early '80s sitcom called The Associates, which also starred Martin Short and Wilfrid Hyde-White.
I believe that was Mitch's point.
Yes, this was my point exactly.

Further, didn't Trapper John M.D. also have so-and-so as the main star, and he was on Pyramid too and was pretty good?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 04:52:32 PM by tvmitch »
You should follow me on Twitter

catnap1972

The Pyramid
« Reply #164 on: August 02, 2012, 04:56:05 PM »
Further, didn't Trapper John M.D. also have so-and-so as the main star, and he was on Pyramid too and was pretty good?

You're thinking of Charlie Siebert (though he wasn't the main star of Trapper John...that was Pernell Roberts)