Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pyramid Pilot  (Read 47698 times)

BrandonFG

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2012, 08:33:27 PM »
Assuming there's no tournament here nor returning champions (and I'm guessing no returning celebrities either), just how do you handle the player with the highest score in the end? A trip? Sony electronics? Nothing?

/Likely option C
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

chad1m

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2012, 08:56:29 PM »
/Likely option C
Why do anything else? "My goodness, what a big day! Bob, you're leaving us with $21,000 and Joe, you had a great finish too - $26,500! Two big winners tongiht on The Pyramid, we'll see if we can do it again tomorrow."

BrandonFG

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2012, 09:03:18 PM »
/Likely option C
Why do anything else?
It's not a deal-breaker or anything. To me, it just seems weird to have two contestants compete and at the end of the day, no incentive for having the higher score. Again, no biggie, seeing as how Cullen's version made it work for 5 years.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Jimmy Owen

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2012, 09:15:28 PM »
/Likely option C
Why do anything else?
It's not a deal-breaker or anything. To me, it just seems weird to have two contestants compete and at the end of the day, no incentive for having the higher score. Again, no biggie, seeing as how Cullen's version made it work for 5 years.
For a primetime hour, I'd have one more trip to the WC for the higher score.  Three trips to the WC per show.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2012, 09:56:28 PM »
According to my source, who probably doesn't give a rat's rear about the goings-on at Price, Mike Richards is good. This person says he knows the game very well after extensively studying the old Pyramid games and when hosting, is knowledgeable, friendly and witty.
We can rule out Adam N. as your source. Sorry, Adam.

If your source's analysis is on the mark, it sounds like they could have done worse by going with a hack comedian or a washed-up sitcom supporting actor. Can I see Richard Karn hosting Pyramid? Can I see Richard Karn hosting anything? Um, no.

chad1m

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2012, 01:48:25 AM »
Here's a picture of a portion of the set. From what I see from that little bit, I liiiiike it. It's like the 2009 set design with bright colors.

Edit: Link removed at the request of the originator.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 08:44:46 PM by chad1m »

BrandonFG

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2012, 01:54:14 AM »
I know it's not much, but not too shabby. It has the look of a show you'd see in the late-80s/early-90s, although the yellow is a bit much. From that angle, I'm reminded a bit of Super Password.

Interesting that Embassy Row is finally moving past the dark sets phase...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2012, 02:04:54 AM »
Not a huge fan of the lucite, but then I didn't think the $50K Pyramid podium was worthy of Dick Clark, either.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2012, 07:06:17 AM »
Encouraged about the set.  Is it the new trend that warm-up guys dress like slobs?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BrandonFG

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2012, 12:48:45 PM »
It's a Polo shirt and jeans. Since when is that being a slob? And if it is, then I need a new wardrobe. :-P
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 12:48:53 PM by fostergray82 »

tvwxman

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2012, 01:01:52 PM »
I know it's not much, but not too shabby. It has the look of a show you'd see in the late-80s/early-90s, although the yellow is a bit much. From that angle, I'm reminded a bit of Super Password.

But I would bet not past their "audience is in the backdrop" phase....which is what they did for 2009.

I'd still like to see what they did 2 years ago with the second try.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Mr. Game Show

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2012, 01:07:06 PM »

But I would bet not past their "audience is in the backdrop" phase....which is what they did for 2009.

I'd still like to see what they did 2 years ago with the second try.

I'd also love to see the 2 CBS Pilots taped at Kaufman Astoria Studios in 2009. Looks like that's as close as Pyramid will get to NY for now, if ever. It would be great if it tapes were made available, but I wouldn't count on it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 01:07:35 PM by Mr. Game Show »

vtown7

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2012, 04:56:17 PM »
Pilot report is up at Hollywood Junket.  Methinks there's one slight monetary faux-pas in the report.

Ryan :)

tpirfan28

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2012, 05:27:55 PM »
Still have the time trial tiebreaker, that's good.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

JMFabiano

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2012, 06:21:18 PM »
Interesting reports...I don't think Mike Richards is the anti-Christ as much as other people do, then again I still like Price and LMAD.  Hopefully he's a good host, but whoever got the job has a MAJOR handicap against them, of course.  Moreso now that Dick Clark is even fresher in our thoughts with his passing being not too long ago. Plus, only one man (Bill Cullen) in 29 years was able to match him as master of the Pyramid.  

The cash bonuses and progressive WC bank sound interesting and would make the front game even more suspenseful.  Having grown up with the '80s version mostly, the absence of bonus cards will be jarring, but hey, there was a Pyramid before the Big 7.  Also, I assume (hope?) that "five categories" in the front game is a typo.

Liking the description of the set, glad that they made up for the "Pyramid without pyramids" idea from the second CBS pilot.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.