Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Syndie GS announced...  (Read 9192 times)

BrandonFG

New Syndie GS announced...
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2012, 10:58:42 PM »
Don't know if it will effect the show, but executive producer Jim Paratore died suddenly...
Doubt it...but damn, that sucks.
Considering the mark he left on the world of syndication, I'm a little surprised I'd never heard of the guy.
I remember seeing his name at the end of shows, but unless I'm mistaken, the only game Telepictures did under his watch was Street Smarts. Everything else was talk, tabloid/celebrity, or court-based. Still sorry to hear about his death at a relatively young age.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

colonial

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2012, 09:40:01 AM »
Bumping this up to let you know about a random telephone call I got yesterday afternoon.

It was from a contestant coordinator from "Let's Ask America."  Seems she got my name from another show she worked on ("Who's Still Standing" -- never applied for that show, although I did interview Ben Bailey about the series for work), and asked if I wanted to be a contestant.  After asking a few questions (Who you are?  What do you do?  What are your hobbies?  Yes, that was pretty much what they asked), she asked if I could send them an online application.

If you're interested in applying for the show (they are doing Skype auditions), go to the following site...

http://www.letsaskamerica.tv/

They also have a 30 second preview clip, which doesn't look promising, as well as a list of stations carrying the show and an application to nominate your dog to be the show's mascot (I wish I were making that up).

As for as the preview clip goes, it doesn't look good.  The questions appear to be, for the most part, poll-related queries you can't really study for (one question was about something found on TMZ, which was co-founded by the show's recently-deceased executive producer, Jim Paratore).   Host Kevin Periera hosted G4's "Attack of the Show" for eight years, departing earlier this year.

I'll probably submit an application, as I'd like to try the Skype audition (which is something more game shows need to do).  However, I can't imagine risking my J! eligibility for this.

JD

trainman

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2012, 10:34:28 PM »
To answer the question you meant to ask, yes, I'd say it's a very good assumption that CBS/King World will be able to find new affiliates for WoF and J! by September, if they haven't already.

I'm in the ol' hometown this weekend and have seen a promo. Thus, I can now assure everyone that, in the Tampa-St. Petersburg market, WoF and J! will be airing on Gannett-owned CBS affiliate WTSP beginning September 17 at 7:00 and 7:30. The pair has had several stints on WTSP in the past.

You may now stop holding your breath.

(Currently in that hour are Inside Edition and WWTBAM.  No, I don't know what's happening to them.)
trainman is a man of trains

oaklandfan2kx

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2012, 02:46:20 PM »
To answer the question you meant to ask, yes, I'd say it's a very good assumption that CBS/King World will be able to find new affiliates for WoF and J! by September, if they haven't already.

I'm in the ol' hometown this weekend and have seen a promo. Thus, I can now assure everyone that, in the Tampa-St. Petersburg market, WoF and J! will be airing on Gannett-owned CBS affiliate WTSP beginning September 17 at 7:00 and 7:30. The pair has had several stints on WTSP in the past.

You may now stop holding your breath.

(Currently in that hour are Inside Edition and WWTBAM.  No, I don't know what's happening to them.)

Well, To Say the Least WTSP did previously carried Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune so in according to a previous ATGS post by Jim Ellwanger: WOF and J! have been affiliates on the Big 3 Networks, But only on Two Different Stations.

So Here's What WTSP did with Wheel & Jeopardy

September 19, 1983-June 7, 1985: Wheel of Fortune: 7:00 PM
September 9, 1985-June 6, 1986: Wheel of Fortune: 7:00 PM, Jeopardy: 11:30 AM (WTSP did NOT cleared All-Star Blitz with Peter Marshall)
September 8, 1986-June 16, 1989: Neither show picked up (WFLA did aired it while WWSB aired both shows during the period)
September 4, 1989-June 8, 2007: Wheel of Fortune: 7:00 PM, Jeopardy: 7:30 PM (WTSP continued on after it became CBS in December of 1994)

Meanwhile in San Francisco: KPIX will be the new home of Family Feud with Steve Harvey beginning September 17th at 7:00 PM (KPIX previously aired The Dawson Syndicated Version and the Combs CBS Version of the Feud back then.)

golden-road

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2012, 10:05:12 PM »
Just auditioned over Skype. Even if I don't get picked, this is something I've wanted to do all my life, and I'm so thrilled. :D

BrandonFG

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2012, 01:34:59 PM »
Apparently, Scripps stations are happy with the decision. The show is holding its own pretty well.

SOURCE: http://www.tvnewsche...out-top-syndies
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

That Don Guy

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2012, 10:41:39 PM »
Meanwhile in San Francisco: KPIX will be the new home of Family Feud with Steve Harvey beginning September 17th at 7:00 PM (KPIX previously aired The Dawson Syndicated Version and the Combs CBS Version of the Feud back then.)
When did KPIX air Dawson syndicated Feud?  I know Family Feud PM was either on KRON or KGO (it may have been on both).

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2012, 11:02:50 PM »
Wasn't KRON an O&O? Would have had to be on there if it was because NBC bought the original syndicated Feud for the O&Os.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

trainman

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2012, 11:26:23 PM »
Wasn't KRON an O&O?

They were not -- they were, as the call letters imply, owned by the San Francisco Chronicle; after Hearst took over the Chronicle, KRON was sold off to Young Broadcasting following a bidding war that NBC lost.
trainman is a man of trains