Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Chuck and Stacy  (Read 4438 times)

chuckwooleryfan

Chuck and Stacy
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2003, 09:41:46 AM »
I've watched every episode of the new season of Lingo thus far. And I have not seen any kind of major closure between Chuck and Stacey. And I also don't see how she can be slowing the game down. You don't even see her face often!

At least I'm glad this argument isn't being hugely overblown like on the GSN Forums. It's a mad house over there with women feeling "offended" because all Chuck merely did was put his arm around Stacey. What? Putting my arm around my mom when we're going shopping just to support her is sexual harrassment?

Give me a break.

cmjb13

Chuck and Stacy
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2003, 10:10:02 AM »
[quote name=\'chuckwooleryfan\' date=\'Dec 13 2003, 09:41 AM\']I've watched every episode of the new season of Lingo thus far. And I have not seen any kind of major closure between Chuck and Stacey[/quote]
The episode that I watched saw Chuck put his right arm around Stacy slightly below her hip and pat her about 2 or 3 times.

It's a mad house over there with women feeling "offended" because all Chuck merely did was put his arm around Stacey. What? Putting my arm around my mom when we're going shopping just to support her is sexual harrassment?
Give me a break.
I can't see them getting all riled up about him just putting her arm around her. It's where he put it and what he did after he placed it there.

I really don't think it's a big deal, but I can see how viewers might think otherwise.

Do you think there would be such an uproar if it was acknowledged publicly or on-air that they were a couple? People would probably say he's showing his love for her.

I'll bet.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

zachhoran

Chuck and Stacy
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2003, 07:13:48 PM »
[quote name=\'chuckwooleryfan\' date=\'Dec 13 2003, 09:41 AM\'] I've watched every episode of the new season of Lingo thus far. And I have not seen any kind of major closure between Chuck and Stacey. And I also don't see how she can be slowing the game down. You don't even see her face often!

At least I'm glad this argument isn't being hugely overblown like on the GSN Forums. It's a mad house over there with women feeling "offended" because all Chuck merely did was put his arm around Stacey
Give me a break. [/quote]
 I admit to being a little condescending to women(a little, not a lot). I stopped pinching ladies years ago, and wouldn't be offended if Chuck did that to her. As long as Stacey has no problem with it, it's OK by me.

chuckwooleryfan

Chuck and Stacy
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2003, 09:59:43 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 13 2003, 10:10 AM\'] [quote name=\'chuckwooleryfan\' date=\'Dec 13 2003, 09:41 AM\']I've watched every episode of the new season of Lingo thus far. And I have not seen any kind of major closure between Chuck and Stacey[/quote]
The episode that I watched saw Chuck put his right arm around Stacy slightly below her hip and pat her about 2 or 3 times.

It's a mad house over there with women feeling "offended" because all Chuck merely did was put his arm around Stacey. What? Putting my arm around my mom when we're going shopping just to support her is sexual harrassment?
Give me a break.
I can't see them getting all riled up about him just putting her arm around her. It's where he put it and what he did after he placed it there.

I really don't think it's a big deal, but I can see how viewers might think otherwise.

Do you think there would be such an uproar if it was acknowledged publicly or on-air that they were a couple? People would probably say he's showing his love for her.

I'll bet. [/quote]
 I didn't even believe that kind of contact was considered too close for comfort. Honest. And I sure as heck don't see why people have to make such a big deal out of that. It's just touching, for crying out loud. It's not like they started to kiss and nuzzle each other's noses and/or reach for their clothes to rip them off immediately afterwards!

It just amazes me that some game show fans will take even the smallest of oddities to insanely high levels. I'll never ever forget that overblown mess on other boards that was raised over the disappearence of the Plinko sign on TPiR...

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Chuck and Stacy
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2003, 01:52:08 PM »
[quote name=\'chuckwooleryfan\' date=\'Dec 13 2003, 09:41 AM\'] I've watched every episode of the new season of Lingo thus far. And I have not seen any kind of major closure between Chuck and Stacey. And I also don't see how she can be slowing the game down. You don't even see her face often!

At least I'm glad this argument isn't being hugely overblown like on the GSN Forums. It's a mad house over there with women feeling "offended" because all Chuck merely did was put his arm around Stacey. What? Putting my arm around my mom when we're going shopping just to support her is sexual harrassment?

Give me a break. [/quote]
 If this had really happened, ACLU (thanks, Chris) would have been over them in a heartbeat.  

My request has not been followed through on.  Surely one person who is making these outrageous claims has a snappy or similar device.  Please, just take a video still of this, or a short media clip, and post it.  This topic will die, and I'll be statisfied in knowing that it never happened.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

ITSBRY

Chuck and Stacy
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2003, 11:08:58 PM »
My request has not been followed through on. Surely one person who is making these outrageous claims has a snappy or similar device. Please, just take a video still of this, or a short media clip, and post it. This topic will die, and I'll be statisfied in knowing that it never happened.

I'm sorry I brought this up...I simply had made an observation.  Perhaps I should have kept it to myself.

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

gameshowguy2000

Chuck and Stacy
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2003, 12:35:11 AM »
I just found something about Stacey:

She's from Britain.

Well, if she's from Britain, why haven't I heard the accent from her in the promos for the new season of Lingo?