Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Coincidences  (Read 5890 times)

Thad Dixon

Game Show Coincidences
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2003, 02:52:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 02:19 PM\'][quote name=\'Thad Dixon\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 02:12 PM\'] As I pointed out in another thread just the other day, our own Zach Horan and my older brother William Dixon, were born only three days apart from each other.

ObGameShow:  The Nick version of Double Dare premiered on what was Amy Jo Johnson's 16th birthday.  Another Nick game show, Figure It Out, premiered on what was my 16th birthday. [/quote]
This is relevant....how?

Typing in nonsensical information in the bottom doesn't make it on-topic either.
No, I'm not trying to moderate.[/quote]
Well, I thought that was a coincidence that fit the topic.  Apparently, I didn't get it as well as I had thought I did, according to you.  If that's the case, I'll probably delete that post later.

tommycharles

Game Show Coincidences
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2003, 02:55:24 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 02:19 PM\'] [quote name=\'Thad Dixon\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 02:12 PM\'] As I pointed out in another thread just the other day, our own Zach Horan and my older brother William Dixon, were born only three days apart from each other.

ObGameShow:  The Nick version of Double Dare premiered on what was Amy Jo Johnson's 16th birthday.  Another Nick game show, Figure It Out, premiered on what was my 16th birthday. [/quote]
 [/quote]
 Um...the fact that someone on this board was born three days apart from someone who doesn't post here can be said about.....ALL OF US!

There was a question used on Millionaire (syndie) and J! on the same day that was kinda coincidental (although it can't be the first time something like that's happened).

T
www.46664.com

GS Warehouse

Game Show Coincidences
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2003, 03:20:14 PM »
[quote name=\'Thad Dixon\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 02:52 PM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 02:19 PM\'][quote name=\'Thad Dixon\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 02:12 PM\']ObGameShow:  The Nick version of Double Dare premiered on what was Amy Jo Johnson's 16th birthday.  Another Nick game show, Figure It Out, premiered on what was my 16th birthday. [/quote]
This is relevant....how?

Typing in nonsensical information in the bottom doesn't make it on-topic either.
No, I'm not trying to moderate.[/quote]
Well, I thought that was a coincidence that fit the topic.  Apparently, I didn't get it as well as I had thought I did, according to you.  If that's the case, I'll probably delete that post later. [/quote]
Well, this thread is about game show coincidences, and it snowballed from there.  That might happen when all the useful info gets burned early.

Ob16thBirthday: Get the Picture debuted on Nickelodeon the same day I turned 16.  That combined with Thad's input is a coincidence.

ObGameShow: GtP host Mike O'Malley is now on the same network as Bob Barker.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2003, 03:21:02 PM by GS Warehouse »

Neumms

Game Show Coincidences
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2003, 05:48:08 PM »
Didn't they give away a house on the final episode of "Dream House?" Which would be far more staggering odds than a Scrabble Sprint win.

BrandonFG

Game Show Coincidences
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2003, 05:53:09 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 05:48 PM\'] Didn't they give away a house on the final episode of "Dream House?" Which would be far more staggering odds than a Scrabble Sprint win. [/quote]
 Yep...the also gave away one on the Christmas episode. Not saying it was rigged, but I wonder if the producers might have made those scenarios just to be nice to the contestants.

DIRECTOR: They said "7-5-7." Get ready to sound the buzzer.
PRODUCER: Aww, what the hell...it's Christmas/the last episode...give 'em the damn house.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

starcade

Game Show Coincidences
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2003, 05:56:05 PM »
If we want to go that route, there's the couple that just happened to win their Dream House on the final show of the NBC Eubanks series in the 1980s...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Game Show Coincidences
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2003, 06:57:20 PM »
[quote name=\'starcade\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 03:56 PM\'] If we want to go that route, there's the couple that just happened to win their Dream House on the final show of the NBC Eubanks series in the 1980s... [/quote]
 Hey, didja know that in the dictionary under "redundant" it says "See 'redundant'"? :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

Game Show Coincidences
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2003, 09:43:59 PM »
Here's an interesting fact. From 1966 to 1976, there was always a Bob Eubanks or Jim Peck show on the ABC lineup but never concurrently.  Newlywed gave way to "Big Showdown" which was succeeded by "Rhyme & Reason" and when R&R ended, "Hot Seat" began.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

gameshowguy2000

Game Show Coincidences
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2003, 10:07:42 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 05:53 PM\'] [quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 05:48 PM\'] Didn't they give away a house on the final episode of "Dream House?" Which would be far more staggering odds than a Scrabble Sprint win. [/quote]
Yep...the also gave away one on the Christmas episode. Not saying it was rigged, but I wonder if the producers might have made those scenarios just to be nice to the contestants.

PRODUCER: Aww, what the hell...it's Christmas/the last episode...give 'em the damn house. [/quote]
 7-5-7 as the winning combo on the "Dream House" Christmas episode?

That's no coincidence.

It would appropriately make sense if the winning combo were 1-2-5.

But they won the house, which made for a Winning Christmas, so that's not too shabby.

BrandonFG

Game Show Coincidences
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2003, 10:47:49 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 10:07 PM\'][quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 05:53 PM\'] [quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 05:48 PM\'] Didn't they give away a house on the final episode of "Dream House?" Which would be far more staggering odds than a Scrabble Sprint win. [/quote]

PRODUCER: Aww, what the hell...it's Christmas/the last episode...give 'em the damn house. [/quote]

That's no coincidence.

But they won the house, which made for a Winning Christmas, so that's not too shabby.[/quote]
7-5-7 was just an example. Apparently I need to start making footnotes out of all of my scenarios...

DIRECTOR: They said "7-5-7." [1] Get ready to sound the buzzer. [2]
PRODUCER: Aww, what the hell...it's Christmas/the last episode...give 'em the damn house. [3]

[1] 7-5-7 would be the chosen combination chosen by the couple. It is also the author's area code.
[2] The buzzer would be sounded because 7-5-7 is not the right code for the house.
[2a] I have no clue what the actual combination, but I'm sure someone will tell me even though I couldn't care less.
[3] Because the producer is in a good mood, they decide to give the house away, even though 7-5-7 is not the combination to the "house."

Did I just seriously do all that?! :-P
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

trainman

Game Show Coincidences
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2003, 11:48:05 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 07:07 PM\'] 7-5-7 as the winning combo on the "Dream House" Christmas episode?

That's no coincidence.

It would appropriately make sense if the winning combo were 1-2-5. [/quote]
 Or if the show were titled "Dream Airplane," with the appropriate prize.
trainman is a man of trains

gameshowguy2000

Game Show Coincidences
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2003, 12:15:39 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 10:47 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 10:07 PM\'][quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 05:53 PM\'] [quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 05:48 PM\'] Didn't they give away a house on the final episode of "Dream House?" Which would be far more staggering odds than a Scrabble Sprint win. [/quote]

That's no coincidence.

But they won the house, which made for a Winning Christmas, so that's not too shabby.[/quote]
7-5-7 was just an example. Apparently I need to start making footnotes out of all of my scenarios...

DIRECTOR: They said "7-5-7." [1] Get ready to sound the buzzer. [2]
PRODUCER: Aww, what the hell...it's Christmas/the last episode...give 'em the damn house. [3]

[1] 7-5-7 would be the chosen combination chosen by the couple. It is also the author's area code.
[2] The buzzer would be sounded because 7-5-7 is not the right code for the house.
[2a] I have no clue what the actual combination, but I'm sure someone will tell me even though I couldn't care less.
[3] Because the producer is in a good mood, they decide to give the house away, even though 7-5-7 is not the combination to the "house."

Did I just seriously do all that?! :-P [/quote]
Oh, and they get the house even though it's Christmas and they entered the wrong combo.

That's the GOOD thing. Actually, that's the MERRY thing!

OK, OK, OK. I went overboard! But I still got a good laugh out of it!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2003, 12:16:56 AM by gameshowguy2000 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Game Show Coincidences
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2003, 02:11:55 AM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 10:15 PM\'] OK, OK, OK. I went overboard! But I still got a good laugh out of it! [/quote]
 Glad you did, anyhow.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

zachhoran

Game Show Coincidences
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2003, 07:19:38 PM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Dec 11 2003, 10:18 PM\'] This might be a good topic.

Anyone notice unsuall occurances appearing in diffrent shows ? Here's a couple examples:

[/quote]
 Jay "J. Wo" Wolpert Enterprises had two game shows premiere on January 3rd and end on April 1st, albeit five years apart: Hit Man and Blackout.

Skip Stephenson was on the last episode of MG82 and the first of MGHS hour, and Nell Carter was on the MG91 finale and the first aired episode of MG98.

ChuckNet

Game Show Coincidences
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2003, 08:37:59 PM »
Or if the show were titled "Dream Airplane," with the appropriate prize.

Then when someone won a house, they could've played the MGP logo "fly out" sound heard during the end credits of Super Password. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")