Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The merits of Davidson Pyramid  (Read 7400 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
The merits of Davidson Pyramid
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2012, 12:42:10 AM »
Didn't the New Price is Right do that beginning about halfway through the run?

Looking at it now, I'm sort of meh on the Davidson Pyramid. Back when I was 8, though, I was so excited to see another version of Pyramid on the air that I didn't care.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BrandonFG

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2012, 01:44:20 AM »
I believe you're right. I remember one guy doing a cartwheel after winning 3 Strikes.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2012, 02:00:57 AM »
I believe you're right. I remember one guy doing a cartwheel after winning 3 Strikes.

Oh yeah. :)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2012, 04:30:29 PM »
Kind of. The original opening had a few Davidson clips, behind-the-scenes stuff, non-Davidson clips, and bits of the 1993 pilots. Exactly halfway through the run, it became shorter and was comprised solely of Davidson clips, including the aforementioned Three Strikes cartwheel.

Did The $1,000,000 Chance Of A Lifetime use a winner's montage opening? I know the 1986-91 Chain Reaction did, at least early on.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2012, 05:20:11 PM »
Did The $1,000,000 Chance Of A Lifetime use a winner's montage opening? I know the 1986-91 Chain Reaction did, at least early on.
Yes.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jumpondees

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2012, 06:50:06 PM »
Kind of. The original opening had a few Davidson clips, behind-the-scenes stuff, non-Davidson clips, and bits of the 1993 pilots. Exactly halfway through the run, it became shorter and was comprised solely of Davidson clips, including the aforementioned Three Strikes cartwheel.

Here is a couple of examples...Here's a episode I found in YouTube land that has the opening from the beginning of the season without the cartwheel guy...

Davidson TPIR Example 1

...and here is a Doug Davidson's hosting reel that is on Doug Davidson's YT page that starts off with the part of the shortened opening with the cartwheel guy.

Davidson TPIR Example 2