Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: VHS Tape Collection Liquidation  (Read 1576 times)

tvmitch

VHS Tape Collection Liquidation
« on: April 19, 2012, 09:34:43 PM »
Sorry to clog the forum with this trading talk, just looking for some help here.

Looking for advice for those who may have liquidated their game show tape collection. I have a few hundred tapes I'd be looking to distribute. I don't want to throw them away because there's good stuff on there, I just don't have the room for them anymore.

How did you handle the liquidation, did it go well, any info would be helpful.

Many of the tapes are PAL format, lots of stuff from the UK, Netherlands, and Germany from 2000-2001 or so.

This isn't a formal liquidation offer yet because part of it will most certainly be to set up some sort of method to pay a nominal shipping amount.
You should follow me on Twitter

Jimmy Owen

VHS Tape Collection Liquidation
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 11:08:17 AM »
I rented a climate-controlled storage unit for all my VHS tapes. $60 a month. I collect mostly movies but this of course works with anything you recorded yourself.  Once a month I take out one tape and transfer to DVD whatever it is on the tape I want to watch and mark it as dubbed.  DVDs are so inexpensive that you should use the highest quality to record.  Return the tape to storage and it will be there in case the DVD degrades, gets scratched, stepped on, etc.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.