Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune 21st century...  (Read 9655 times)

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
Wheel of Fortune 21st century...
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2012, 01:50:32 PM »
/And especially no "America's Game"

"America's Game" is the on-and-off theme for sixth episodes from taping sessions. They have given themes to sixth-episode weeks before (in fact, they did it last season), so I don't know why they keep vacillating on that.
Bobby Peacock

wdm1219inpenna

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2012, 05:49:54 PM »
Wow, this really went much farther than I thought!  I remember the daytime version and the display behind each player with "ON ACCOUNT".  I'd love to see the show do that too as far as what each player's current winnings total is, rather than that line that "flies in" at the top of the screen at random times during the show...or maybe not so random, I'm not sure...

If I can I'll try to do a "rendering" of sorts of what I'd like to see...

bradhig

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2012, 08:49:37 AM »
Wow, this really went much farther than I thought!  I remember the daytime version and the display behind each player with "ON ACCOUNT".  I'd love to see the show do that too as far as what each player's current winnings total is, rather than that line that "flies in" at the top of the screen at random times during the show...or maybe not so random, I'm not sure...

If I can I'll try to do a "rendering" of sorts of what I'd like to see...

I also wish they would bring that ON ACCOUNT display back because sometimes it's hard to keep track of what people have won so far.

I miss the five prize envelopes the winner had to pick from. The prize wheel seems like an excuse to give away more money and the only prize they have on set any more is a car.

What's with the video scenes behind the contestants? Are those scenes being shown live at taping or are they taped?

BrandonFG

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2012, 09:47:39 AM »
What's with the video scenes behind the contestants? Are those scenes being shown live at taping or are they taped?
I'm gonna guess stock video, no different from video used of the trips they offer.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

J.R.

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2012, 03:11:21 PM »
I also wish they would bring that ON ACCOUNT display back because sometimes it's hard to keep track of what people have won so far.
Well, at various times throughout the game, they drop in a graphic showing the overall totals. Decent enough "compromise".
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 03:48:08 PM by J.R. »
-Joe Raygor

wdm1219inpenna

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2012, 05:26:57 AM »
This is just a very very VERY basic thing I made on MS Paint today, my "vision" rough draft of what I'd like to see done on the program with regard to the video wall.  I'd rather see the stuff displayed on a board behind the players, to make it more viewer friendly.  Similar to the "Fox Box" used during NFL broadcasts....

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/GameShowFanMan66/ZZZPLAYERPODIUMS033012.png

Might be a nice way to start season 30....

Pat Sajak:  "It's been suggested that with all the updates we have made on our show over the past three decades, the biggest of which being the electronic puzzle board, that it seemed rather antiquated and cumbersome to have our contestants placing the various cardboard wedges and other items in front of them, so now, we're utilizing the video wall located behind our three contestants to display what they have instead.  Now if a player lands on a bankrupt space, those items will, like magic, instantly vanish from that player's wall.  You'll also notice now we're keeping track of each of our three contestants' current winnings.  Lastly, the infamous "used letter board" will be displayed at the top, more appropriately is should be called the 'unused letter board'. It will also be able to be seen by you at home when we show the puzzle board.  We have incorporated all of these changes so that you, the home viewer, can have an even more enjoyable experience while watching our game.  Now after all that, our time is up for today so..."
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 05:27:31 AM by wdm1219inpenna »

pacdude

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2012, 08:36:50 AM »
This is just a very very VERY basic thing I made on MS Paint today, my "vision" rough draft of what I'd like to see done on the program with regard to the video wall.  I'd rather see the stuff displayed on a board behind the players, to make it more viewer friendly.  Similar to the "Fox Box" used during NFL broadcasts....

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/GameShowFanMan66/ZZZPLAYERPODIUMS033012.png

Pat Sajak:  "It's been suggested that with all the updates we have made on our show over the past three decades, the biggest of which being the electronic puzzle board, that it seemed rather antiquated and cumbersome to have our contestants placing the various cardboard wedges and other items in front of them, so now, we're utilizing the video wall located behind our three contestants to display what they have instead.  Now if a player lands on a bankrupt space, those items will, like magic, instantly vanish from that player's wall.  You'll also notice now we're keeping track of each of our three contestants' current winnings.  Lastly, the infamous "used letter board" will be displayed at the top, more appropriately is should be called the 'unused letter board'. It will also be able to be seen by you at home when we show the puzzle board.  We have incorporated all of these changes so that you, the home viewer, can have an even more enjoyable experience while watching our game.  Now after all that, our time is up for today so..."

My god, that's far too much information to put behind a player for a game show. There's a point where things get too complex for the average viewer, and you passed that point 3 miles back.

BrandonFG

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2012, 09:30:05 AM »
I agree it's definitely too busy. I say keep it simple; at the top, have one box with three columns. Top row are names, bottom row the scores.

Directly under that, a slightly larger box (height-wise; same length), with prizes for the round. No icons, just text. Think what "High Rollers" used to do, whether it was the backlit slides or chyroned. Or "(Classic) Concentration" for that matter. Keep the boxes opaque so that you can still see the people frolicking around the island or beach. :-)

Make it unique but not detracting.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 09:31:11 AM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2012, 01:20:49 PM »
I'd rather see the stuff displayed on a board behind the players, to make it more viewer friendly.
That was about the least "viewer friendly" example I have ever seen. That is a fantastic argument NOT to do it.

"And by the time they get to the first question, the first question is "Can you come back tomorrow?"" -- George Carlin
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2012, 01:27:37 PM »

My god, that's far too much information to put behind a player for a game show. There's a point where things get too complex for the average viewer, and you passed that point 3 miles back.
I don't necessarily blame you for not reading all the way to the end, but there is a punch line there that shows he's not being serious.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

wdm1219inpenna

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2012, 04:36:15 PM »
It's true, it is very "busy", the "High Rollers" or "Concentration" list examples are very good.  Just a vision I had that I wanted to put out there.  It's been fun reading all the various posts and responses!  Thank you.

knagl

• Executive Producer
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2012, 04:27:43 AM »
I just don't understand why we're fixing something that isn't broken. Sure, I get it, it's a little bit low-tech, but it works.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2012, 10:54:54 AM »
I just don't understand why we're fixing something that isn't broken. Sure, I get it, it's a little bit low-tech, but it works.
To me, it really doesn't matter who wins on WOF.  I just like solving the puzzles faster than the contestants.  That's the appeal of the show.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.