Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Figure It Out"  (Read 18421 times)

colonial

"Figure It Out"
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 05:48:20 AM »
Here's the press release......They're going with a known Nick personality, as Jeff Sutphen is hosting this.

Agreed.  I'm not sure where they would tape, but if it's Orlando, just give the family a trip there just for being selected to be on the show.  Kids like to see the panelists slimed, so keep that.

They're taping in LA (I believe just about everything Nick does in front of a studio audience is done there now), so I wouldn't be shocked if most of the contestants are from that area.

Nickelodeon Studios in Orlando shut its doors in 2005 or 2006 -- the network hasn't taped anything in Universal Orlando for some time.  Believe that site is now being used for a Blue Man Group show and TNA Impact Wrestling tapings.

JD

Bertie Bott

"Figure It Out"
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2012, 06:41:13 AM »
Here's the press release......They're going with a known Nick personality, as Jeff Sutphen is hosting this.

Agreed.  I'm not sure where they would tape, but if it's Orlando, just give the family a trip there just for being selected to be on the show.  Kids like to see the panelists slimed, so keep that.

They're taping in LA (I believe just about everything Nick does in front of a studio audience is done there now), so I wouldn't be shocked if most of the contestants are from that area.

Nickelodeon Studios in Orlando shut its doors in 2005 or 2006 -- the network hasn't taped anything in Universal Orlando for some time.  Believe that site is now being used for a Blue Man Group show and TNA Impact Wrestling tapings.

JD

While Nick Studios did shut its doors in 2005, it was used once again in 2008 to film My Family's Got GUTS. Of course, it could be argued that it was no longer Nickelodeon Studios but it was nonetheless filmed on the soundstages that once belonged to Nick and were the same soundstages used to film the original GUTS.

golden-road

"Figure It Out"
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2012, 09:22:43 AM »

Last Nick show taped in Orlando was My Family's Got Guts in 2008.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
"Figure It Out"
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 01:20:21 PM »
Believe that site is now being used for a Blue Man Group show and TNA Impact Wrestling tapings.
If it was at the same time, I would *totally* watch that.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TimK2003

"Figure It Out"
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2012, 01:50:08 PM »

Matt Ottinger

"Figure It Out"
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2012, 02:59:50 PM »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chad1m

"Figure It Out"
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012, 01:09:18 PM »
I bumped this to let those who may be interested know that my younger sister Cheyenne ("Shay," as her friends call her) submitted an audition video to be a contestant on Figure it Out a month or so ago. A week later, she was selected to be on! I will be accompanying her (shocking, I know) to Los Angeles next weekend where she will be taping her game. Thanks to my obsession, she's spent a lot of time even before the revival was announced watching the original Figure it Out, so she will definitely know what she's doing. Feel free to send cyber vibes to her so she can try to win some rmore.. stuff!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 01:10:17 PM by chad1m »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
"Figure It Out"
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2012, 01:15:36 PM »
Feel free to send cyber vibes to her so she can try to win some rmore.. stuff!
I call dibs if she wins a fa'rilla magilla prop from a Real Life Nickelodeon game show...hm.

Go get 'em!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 01:16:11 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

chad1m

"Figure It Out"
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2012, 12:14:54 PM »
As one can imagine, we both had a really fun time at taping this Sunday. This is a highly faithful revival of the show. There are still three rounds (1:00, :45, :45), secret slime actions for the panelists, clue helpers (now called Clue Force III since they perform more than just charades), the sound effects are all the same (the theme music is not) and a new way for contestants to be slimed. The set is huge and brightly lit. The biggest change for fans is no Billy the Answer Head, but the reveal is now on the "It Board", made up of HD monitors. Taking myself out of the family-on-the-show setting (and watching three games that she wasn't in), I felt like I was watching the 90s show in a 2012 environment, so I think they did a good job modernizing it without taking away what made it fun. I'll try to field any non-spoily questions you may have.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 12:15:16 PM by chad1m »

Kevin Prather

"Figure It Out"
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2012, 01:25:47 PM »
I guess the $64 question from me would be how were the celebrities? Good chemistry? Were they trying hard to stop the contestants from winning? (Something that was broken with the old show, IMO).

weaklink75

"Figure It Out"
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2012, 01:36:47 PM »
Did they have any idea when the show would premiere?

chad1m

"Figure It Out"
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2012, 03:11:37 PM »
I guess the $64 question from me would be how were the celebrities? Good chemistry? Were they trying hard to stop the contestants from winning?
The two episodes I saw showed some good chemistry. There was some silliness, sure (it's a kid's game after all) but they were certainly trying to figure out the words on the board. The questions asked were surprisingly good.

Did they have any idea when the show would premiere?
It looks to be stripped in weeknights starting in June,

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
"Figure It Out"
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2012, 03:18:17 PM »
Are you allowed to divulge the potential prizes?
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

"Figure It Out"
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2012, 03:35:57 PM »
I guess the $64 question from me would be how were the celebrities? Good chemistry? Were they trying hard to stop the contestants from winning? (Something that was broken with the old show, IMO).
It's been years since I've seen the original, but from what I remember, there was a pretty high win percentage for the kids, while Lori Beth Denberg seemed to be the only one who consistently guessed their secrets. She was almost the spoiler of the bunch, if you would.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

chad1m

"Figure It Out"
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2012, 03:39:19 PM »
Are you allowed to divulge the potential prizes?
Same setup as the past or similar to BrainSurge.. First prize worth a couple hundred, second prize worth a few hundred, third prize usually a trip.