Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "What Might Have Been" moments...?  (Read 11157 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
"What Might Have Been" moments...?
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2012, 03:41:24 AM »
No more so than the Giants beating the Pats again in the "big game". ;)
--Mark
Phil 4:13

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2012, 05:09:59 AM »
No more so than the Giants beating the Pats again in the "big game". ;)

Gotta get there first. :)

And that's on both ends, FTR. Toughies both.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2012, 12:05:13 PM »
"Officer, I acknowledge I was going 15mph over the limit so I'll take my ticket.  But I request you ship it to me FedEx instead of handing it to me here".
Oh, come now. I'm not saying the OP's original notion isn't idiotic, but this simply couldn't be a bigger strawman.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2012, 02:17:31 PM »
theyd do that  right?  '
Sometimes Regis would reveal the answer if he hadn't done so in the aftermath of the bail out. They're not going to pointedly not reveal an answer, because as people have said, that's not their job. Their job is to ask questions and reveal answers.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2012, 02:34:31 PM »
They're not going to pointedly not reveal an answer, because as people have said, that's not their job.
I think Toetyper was suggesting that they would stop down tape, wait patiently for the contestant to be on his way, and then pick back up with the taping, all in the name of saving the contestant's fragile ego. To which I say, in addition to Matt's point of "hey, you're a contestant, part of the job that they are paying you an INSANE hourly rate for is to suck it up and give them whatever reaction you're going to give to news like that", that if they can actually get past that, and the contestant would like the studio costs for that whole exercise taken out of their post-tax winnings, dandy.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2012, 02:33:55 AM »
OK maybe them not winning when they could have may not be painful to the viewer, but think from the player's POV. Sure they may have left with $500,000 in their wallet, which is nothing to scoff at, by any means... but somewhere in the back of that player's mind, the thought must occur to them "I wish I could have been more sure of myself on that last question..."
You are treating this like the players are playing for Monopoly money or Chuck E. Cheese tokens, and that is just not the case. You are saying that people have regrets like it is something new. That isn't so either. You have been told by no less an authority than one of the $500,000 winners (hey, did you make sure to add him to your list of Q15 players?) and yet you still refuse to back down from this point. You are watching something at home and seeing something from a different perspective than the person who is actually making those serious financial decisions. Leave the money choices to the big boys, your rotisserie Jeopardy league is where you left it.

Like Nancy Christy told Ken Basin prior to his $1 million question, "You know more than you think you do."
What does this have to do with anything? Or mean?
Travis L. Eberle

J.R.

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2012, 02:51:07 AM »
your rotisserie Jeopardy league is where you left it.
Where can I sign up?
-Joe Raygor

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2012, 09:47:31 AM »
your rotisserie Jeopardy league is where you left it.
Where can I sign up?
*sigh*  You'll end up drafting a superstar in the 16th round...again.  And Mark Odor will troll the waiver wire for winners of the previous episode. ;-)