Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fox version of Brit dating game  (Read 1806 times)

DrBear

Fox version of Brit dating game
« on: April 02, 2012, 07:54:14 PM »
A one hour series; a batch of women and a bachelor take turns rejecting each other. Fremangle production. No U.S. host named. Any comments from our members across the pond?
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 08:34:07 PM »
I wouldn't put it like that. As a matter of fact, it's one of my favorite dating shows. I'd say Check out a clip or two on YouTube before you pass judgement. Sure, it probably won't be like the UK series, but it's got a lot of potential to do well here.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 08:53:29 PM »
I wouldn't put it like that. As a matter of fact, it's one of my favorite dating shows. I'd say Check out a clip or two on YouTube before you pass judgement. Sure, it probably won't be like the UK series, but it's got a lot of potential to do well here.
I saw an episode and since dating games aren't my thing I haven't watched it since, but I generally like what they did with the format. But then you don't get to turn up your nose at it.
Travis L. Eberle

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 10:01:02 PM »
I love the British Take Me Out. I've seen a few games of it, and everything's perfect.

The words "Fremantle" and "stateside" don't exactly fill me with confidence, though. I vaguely recall a thread either here or elsewhere that mentioned possible ways America could screw it up -- one of them, IIRC, was to use a baseball motif and play "Take Me Out To The Ball Game". Another would be to use Central Casting, which if I'm not mistaken would go against the point of the British version.

As for an emcee, if they won't use the British host, they shouldn't use a first-time emcee or Rossi Morrealle, either. If Fremantle wants eyeballs, they should phone Chuck Woolery.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

KWJCDon

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 10:58:33 PM »
Not a big fan of relationship show but I've watched episodes from the British and Irish versions and found them to be quite enjoyable. As long as it isn't  over dramatic, it might work here.

weaklink75

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 07:26:55 PM »
George Lopez has been picked to host...Interesting choice, he could work...

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 09:42:28 PM »
I'm out, Jerry.
Travis L. Eberle