Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Print Ad for Dancing With The Stars  (Read 1688 times)

Matt Ottinger

Print Ad for Dancing With The Stars
« on: January 18, 2012, 05:09:02 PM »
In this week's Entertainment Weekly magazine (Batman on the cover), there's a splashy, full-page ad for GSN's DWTS package.  It's odd for several reasons.  GSN doesn't typically do a lot of print advertising, and hardly anybody makes a big deal over what are, after all, reruns.

Something else caught my eye.  At the bottom, the tagline reads "Let the magic move you again on GSN, the Game Show Network."  Not "The Network for Games".  It's probably not a huge deal, but it also almost certainly wasn't an accident either.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 09:13:08 PM »
In this week's Entertainment Weekly magazine (Batman on the cover), there's a splashy, full-page ad for GSN's DWTS package.  It's odd for several reasons.  GSN doesn't typically do a lot of print advertising, and hardly anybody makes a big deal over what are, after all, reruns.

Something else caught my eye.  At the bottom, the tagline reads "Let the magic move you again on GSN, the Game Show Network."  Not "The Network for Games".  It's probably not a huge deal, but it also almost certainly wasn't an accident either.
They are marketing to people who probably think GSN shows only game shows.  My sister would like to watch DWTS, but long ago programmed out GSN from her remote so she never even accidentally happens on it.  This will alert her that something she likes is on the station and she might want to seek it out.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

vtown7

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 09:46:46 PM »
It's also on the back of this week's People.  Still the "Game Show Network" and all that.